• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    my problem would be that i will be getting this to SBR and do not have the tools or know anybody that can do this for me. So INGO is there anyone you recommend who does this work??

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    See and then you come upon things like this and who the heck knows!

922r_NFA_July_2009.jpg

Read the last paragraph.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'll add my :twocents:

The M92's are a great buy, and would make a perfect host for an SBR. It was only a few years ago when parts kit ran over a grand. The correct stock for the these is an underfolder, and they already have the trunnion in them to do so. All it would require 3 holes on each side to be milled out and you are good to go. Engrave the reciever, add a Yugo style 26MM muzzle booster / retaining pin / spring, and you've probably got the most authentic Suchka to ever hit American shores. Here's a pic of my old one mocked up:

This is probably not something you would want to undergo with a drill press, as anyone who has ever done much drilling with hardened sheet metal will attest. Also, don't make the same mistake I did and purchase an early imported version of one of these where Century decided to engrave the serial number across where the holes go :facepalm: Here's a thread I started on it a while back:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...95-sbr-question-regarding-yugo-m92-pap-4.html
    The next easiest option would be to do as already discussed, and either tap the rear of the receiver for an ACE /Stormwerkz style folding mechanism or a add a bubba'd adapter that attaches via the pistol grip screw. I decided to go the ACE / non traditional route on mine, but bailed on the project prior to filing my Form 1

I lost interest in the project because I guess I'm an AK purist, and wanted an authentic looking M92. Now that Century has remedied the s/n problem, I'm considering taking one on again.
    The absolute hardest / most expensive route would be to install a left side folding / series 100 type folder, ie triangle stock or poly fixed folder. This would require the rear trunnion to be removed, holes welded up, new trunnion riveted in, holes cut for the stock release & catch, and refinishing the receiver. AK rivets are nothing like what most of us would associate with a rivet. They are incredibly hard, eat up drill bits when drilled into, and require a hydraulic press & specialty tools to install. I had a hell of a time trying to demill one for my Saiga 308 that someone had chopped and added an ACE block too. I think I egged out 3 AK74 trunnions before someone let me borrow their demilling jig.
    The bubba'd solution would be to thread the holes in the trunnion once the rivets are demilled, and re-install them with screws. Be warned that the AK purist are going to highly frown down upon this (including myself). If you are absolutely dead set on this route (I don't blame you, left side folders are bad ass and I own 3), several INGO members have specialty tools, and another AK build day would not be too hard to instigate.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Also, keep in mind that Yugo's don't have a chrome lined barrel. Not a huge factor if you don't plan on sending a ton of rounds down range with it, but expect a reduced service life with it. Something to consider on a Class III firearm that you are most likely going to keep for a long time.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Also, keep in mind that Yugo's don't have a chrome lined barrel. Not a huge factor if you don't plan on sending a ton of rounds down range with it, but expect a reduced service life with it. Something to consider on a Class III firearm that you are most likely going to keep for a long time.

I would think this would only be an issue if you plan on shooting alot of corrosive ammo. Even then you could replace the barrel if you managed to shoot it out.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That is one nice looking weapon! I think I'm in love.

Agreed. I have a M92 build with a triangle side folder, a Zastava built N-PAP underfolder and a Draco sitting in the safe waiting for an underfolder SBR installation and I STILL have to restrain myself from picking up a $399 M92 online.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would think this would only be an issue if you plan on shooting alot of corrosive ammo. Even then you could replace the barrel if you managed to shoot it out.

Corrosion can be a problem. But regardless how well you keep the barrel clean, when your shooting a bi-metal jacketed round down a steel barrel, the chrome acts as a barrier protecting the rifling from friction and heat thus extending the barrel life tremendously. I agree though, having a barrel replaced down the road shouldn't be a big problem.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm 6 months into the waiting period for the stamps for this beauty... Bought it on this board and it was built by a member here. Even though some may have seen the pictures before, I thought I'd share them. The pictures don't do it justice at all...

It was built on an ITM Arms receiver. The can is a Delta P Design Brevis 7.62x39 suppressor:

KrinkovRight_zps854fe930.jpg

KrinkovLeft_zps148b3968.jpg

Folded:
    KrinkovRightFolded_zps9d4ccddd.jpg

KrinkovLeftFolded_zpsd3711a0c.jpg

With the suppressor:
    KrinkovwithCan_zps011bab72.jpg

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I'm 6 months into the waiting period for the stamps for this beauty... Bought it on this board and it was built by a member here. Even though some may have seen the pictures before, I thought I'd share them. The pictures don't do it justice at all...

Awww man, that's disgusting. :rockwoot:

ONLY thing I'd change on that would be swapping in a selector with the bolt hold-open notch, and that's just a personal preference. At six months in, you should be getting a stamp any day now, right?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Awww man, that's disgusting. :rockwoot:

ONLY thing I'd change on that would be swapping in a selector with the bolt hold-open notch, and that's just a personal preference. At six months in, you should be getting a stamp any day now, right?

Awww... that's cute. =) Form 4's are running 10 months pending right now, and it takes about 2 months to go pending, so he's about halfway, I'd guess.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Great question and no, I cannot provide the ATF's absolute, last word on the subject as they seem unable/unwilling to produce one. However, aside from the italicized section in my post #35, consider this::

1. An AK47 pistol is exempt from 922R. This explains the Yugo fire-control components in the M92PV.

2. When I modify the pistol into an SBR via a Form 1, "I" am now considered the manufacturer of the finished weapon.

3. Being a US citizen, "I" am therefore a US manufacturer and totally exempt from 922R compliance, thus making the entire weapon of US manufacture.

#3 sounds too logical. It's a trap. My SBR will be uber-compliant. Plus I'm helping save a few small American businesses.

Top Bottom