• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Though for the M92, I think the traditional Krink brake would be the correct one. The parts kits came with underfolding stocks and a cone type brake.

Thats in line with my understanding. I seem to recall reading years ago that the four-piece HOBO booster is a Bulgarian item and was, at that time, unique to Bulgarian models. The simpler Krinkov booster was found on all other variants. Has anyone experienced feed problems with their M92 or heard of any such difficulty? If the weapon functions well without a gas booster you could use any muzzle device with a 26mm thread.

Everyone is aware these two devices we're discussing are gas boosters and not flash suppressors, right? They are used to increase gas pressure at the piston to overcome the limited dwell time found in radically shortened barrels.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thats in line with my understanding. I seem to recall reading years ago that the four-piece HOBO booster is a Bulgarian item and was, at that time, unique to Bulgarian models. The simpler Krinkov booster was found on all other variants. Has anyone experienced feed problems with their M92 or heard of any such difficulty? If the weapon functions well without a gas booster you could use any muzzle device with a 26mm thread.

Everyone is aware these two devices we're discussing are gas boosters and not flash suppressors, right? They are used to increase gas pressure at the piston to overcome the limited dwell time found in radically shortened barrels.

I actually did not know that. I appreciate the info.
    So would this work? Because the last review sounds like it is actually a booster also.
    Yugo PAP AK47 Flashider, Krinkov Style Muzzle Device for M85 & M92 PAP pistols.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I actually did not know that. I appreciate the info.
    So would this work? Because the last review sounds like it is actually a booster also.
    Yugo PAP AK47 Flashider, Krinkov Style Muzzle Device for M85 & M92 PAP pistols.

Glad I could help, man!

Thank YOU for this link! This appears to be an original Krink booster WITH the detent that's missing from the M92PV pistols currently being imported, and all for $20?!?! I've got that bookmarked for later. Found several other Krink and HOBO muzzle devices during the day that I'll share below, but T-DOGG's link is by far the best price I've seen.

Muzzle Attatchments :: Brand New Yugo PAP M92/M85 26mm Flash Hider US Made - AK-Builder.com

Muzzle Attatchments :: Ak-Builder US Made 4 Piece Flash Hider Phosphated - AK-Builder.com

M92 Krinkov 4pc brake

25214 M92/M85 Booster

I also spoke with customer service at Centerfire Systems in Versailles, KY. They have the M92PV listed at $399, but they are currently sold out. They did tell me they were expecting another shipment sometime during the first week of March.

:rockwoot:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    There's actually really no need for a booster for the semi-auto version to function. The booster was designed to help the gun run in full-auto under harsh conditions. That said, the cone booster is the "correct" part.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I too want to go the Krink route. Picked this up not long ago. Paid a little more than I should have but it included a krink booster and has the side folder I wanted. Just need to do the paperwork and remove the fake can.

i believe this is route I'll go, if I can. Did u put the can on or was it like this when u got it?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    i believe this is route I'll go, if I can. Did u put the can on or was it like this when u got it?

Bought it that way. Gun was built from an M92 Krink kit with the perm. attached faux can. So it's just do paperwork, take to smith for engraving and can removal, shoot.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    That's not a bad price for 3 mags, the cone booster and the detent (which don't come on the stock gun). I paid $435 for mine out the door, brand new, without the booster, detent or extra mag. (came with 2)

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This thread is killing me but I am feeling the strong need to get back into the AK platform. How difficult is the installation of the folding stock on the Krink pistol after you get your paperwork back? Is it a pretty straight forward process that anyone with some mechanical knowledge can do or is there a good amount of special tools involved?

Thanks

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This thread is killing me but I am feeling the strong need to get back into the AK platform. How difficult is the installation of the folding stock on the Krink pistol after you get your paperwork back? Is it a pretty straight forward process that anyone with some mechanical knowledge can do or is there a good amount of special tools involved?

Thanks

It sorta depends on the route you take. There are probably 3 options.

From easiest to hardest:

1. There is an adapter that goes between the pistol grip and the receiver and allows the installation of a folding hinge. All you do is take the pistol grip off, place the adapter plate onto the receiver where the grip goes and reinstall the grip. This is the quickest, but looks the most "slapped together."

2. Ace or Stormwerks make a hinge that is attached by drilling 2 #18 drill bit holes in the rear trunion, tapping them to #10-32 and bolting the hinge on. If you have access to a drill press, it's pretty simple. This looks better than option one by far, is tight and secure, but doesn't look quite the same as factory. The other detractor is, the M92's and 85's have a 6 degree slant to the rear trunion. The stock will not be perfectly on a level plane with the receiver. Depending on who's opinion you read on the forum, some hate the look and some think it looks fine and helps with a cheek weld for iron sights. You'd have to see pics to decide for yourself. I think the maker of the Manticore Arms stock is going to make a run of shims that would level out the stock again. I'm going to go this route. The Manticore Arms stock and Stormwerks hinge will run about $160-170 dollars shipped.

3. Get a folding stock with a folding trunion and replace it. This is the most complicated, but is the "correct" look. It involves drilling out the rivets of the current trunion, welding up the holes, cutting the receiver for the folding trunion, drilling the holes and installing it. You also have to open a hole near the front of the receiver for the stock latch. Also, the gun has to be refinished to hide the old rivet hole welds. I've seen pics of several people's work who have done it themselves, and it doesn't look TOO tricky, but you have to have access to a welder (or someone who knows how to weld, and you'll have to be able to rivet the new trunion in. Figure about $200 for the stock and trunion and another $250-300 if you send it out to have the work done.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    How difficult is the installation of the folding stock on the Krink pistol after you get your paperwork back?

I hope someone will chime in if I'm wrong, but I think this is probably the easiest route for someone who just wants the Krink look without having access to a machine shop:

(FSM) ACE Folding Stock Mechanism or http://stormwerkz.com/stock-folding-mechanisms/stock-folding-mechanism-standard/

MA-5100 Triangle Stock

Fitting an original triangle side folder involves the aforementioned machine shop, as I understand it. There's a latch that's installed on the front trunnion to capture the stock when closed, and the original rear trunnion is removed and replaced with the folder trunnion (drilling, grinding, riveting, and so on). Most people just replace the receiver with a US-made "Khyber Pass" receiver, which involves even more drilling, grinding, riveting...

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Here is a pic of the folding stock with the grip adapter plate:

Here's a couple pics of the Manticore and Stormwerks setup. The first is an M92. You see the slight "droop" of the stock. The second is a Draco and VZ58, I think. You can see one has a straight trunion and one the slanted. I don't think the M92's is severe as that, but it's a good side-by-side pic.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Also, if you do the "factory folding stock" you would either have to find a US made one, or the stock wouldn't count as a 922r part. As an M92 sits, you would have to have a US stock and replace the following parts with US parts to be 922r compliant: pistol grip, FCG (hammer, trigger, disconnector), and add a US muzzle device. This would get you to the six parts you need. If you use a foreign folding stock, you would have to replace another part, most easily would be the handguards with US made.

The cheapest option for a folder and trunion would be the Taiwanese copy sold by ak-builder. It gets good reviews. A real Bulgy or Russian folder and trunion are more $.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Please note, guys: The Yugo M92PV PISTOLS are exempt from 922R compliance, which only applies to semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

Sec. 178.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Wow I appreciate the info. I have a welder so that is covered. I will have to research this more and see if its something I want to do. I think it may be my next project. As far as the rivets do you just need a press or is it something more specialized?

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    They can probably be staked with a simple tool that has the rounded shape of the rivet head machined into the end of it. The rivet is backed up by a block of steel and the stake tool is struck with an appropriately-sized hammer. This upsets the rivet and forms the rounded head we normally associate with rivets. You could also use a flat punch but I think that would result in splitting of unheated steel before the desired shape was formed. Depending on the type of steel the rivets are made from, they may require hot staking. In that process, the rivets would be heated up to a cherry red and then staked. As they cool, they will shrink and tighten the joint to the point of feeling as one piece.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Please note, guys: The Yugo M92PV PISTOLS are exempt from 922R compliance, which only applies to semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
    Sec. 178.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

Do you have any source that shows that this has been definitively answered? The ATF has issued letters that state both that SBR's do and do not have to be 922r compliant. I guess people can do with it what they want, but I don't know that this issue has been definitively put to bed.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Do you have any source that shows that this has been definitively answered? The ATF has issued letters that state both that SBR's do and do not have to be 922r compliant. I guess people can do with it what they want, but I don't know that this issue has been definitively put to bed.

Great question and no, I cannot provide the ATF's absolute, last word on the subject as they seem unable/unwilling to produce one. However, aside from the italicized section in my post #35, consider this::

1. An AK47 pistol is exempt from 922R. This explains the Yugo fire-control components in the M92PV.

2. When I modify the pistol into an SBR via a Form 1, "I" am now considered the manufacturer of the finished weapon.

3. Being a US citizen, "I" am therefore a US manufacturer and totally exempt from 922R compliance, thus making the entire weapon of US manufacture.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Great question and no, I cannot provide the ATF's absolute, last word on the subject as they seem unable/unwilling to produce one. However, aside from the italicized section in my post #35, consider this::

1. An AK47 pistol is exempt from 922R. This explains the Yugo fire-control components in the M92PV.

2. When I modify the pistol into an SBR via a Form 1, "I" am now considered the manufacturer of the finished weapon.

3. Being a US citizen, "I" am therefore a US manufacturer and totally exempt from 922R compliance, thus making the entire weapon of US manufacture.

This really only proves the pointlessness and contradictory nature of government bureaucracy.

Top Bottom