• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    My Yugo has a second set of flip up sights.. They look like they are suppose to be night sights. Can anyone confirm this? If they are in fact NS, where do I get replacements?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They are night sights. Don't know if they were actually tritium, or just radium (glow paint) like the "clip-on" EG and Polish sets. Here's a pic of what the Yugo night sights look like when deployed:

Yugo%20R%20F%20sght%20nite%20sght%20up.jpg

Yugo%20R%20Rr%20sght%20nite%20sght%20up.jpg

Unfortunately, they were dead or removed entirely on most of the Yugo kits that were imported and used to build commercial guns over here.

Some folks just fill in the recesses with glow paint; others have had success drilling out the old vials and reactivating them with these:
    For Sale: Tritium Vials - Page 25 - CPFMarketPlace

Alternatively, you could just replace the regular iron sights with tritium night sights from Keng's.
    AK Sights - Tritium Post 870-789
    AK Sights - AKM Tritium Tangent 860-981

Last edited:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    The Yugo SKS also has those night sights. According to the research I did....They dont really know if it was tritium, or just radium...Like Shooter said.

The holes in the front and rear sight of my SKS are very shallow so you don't need much paint, if the Phosphorus is still intact try cleaning the surface with some denatured alcohol first. A dental pick work great for removing the old material if you get to that point. Some people even use their fingernails....but then you might start glowing in the dark.

Here is a link to a popular paint that is used to (re)power the sights...Ultra Green v10 Glow in the Dark Paint -

Margoblixxen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Hey boys I'm back, had to put some batteries on my cam and shot some pics of my dads rifle check this out:
    P1010093.JPG

P1010095.JPG

And here's the whole act in low light:D
    P1010101.JPG

It takes a bit of delicacy to put on the stuff but is well worth it, of course my dad is like i gave new life to his rifle
    By the way the stuff is found at:
    Glow-On

Top Bottom