• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I've been working on trying to put my psychological research into the anti-gun mindset into video and this is the issue I'm faced with. In person, during a class, etc. I'm not a monotone speaker, but that's because you're interacting with live people. When trying to put content in video and nobody is around and trying to reference a great deal of notes, it's difficult to not sound sort of monotone compared to normal speech.

That's one reason I have a great deal of respect for TV news people who have to not only read from a teleprompter, but also put the necessary inflection into their voice so as not to come off as monotone. I travel a lot and it seems that the bigger the market you are in, the better the local news talent pulls this off.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That's one reason I have a great deal of respect for TV news people who have to not only read from a teleprompter, but also put the necessary inflection into their voice so as not to come off as monotone. I travel a lot and it seems that the bigger the market you are in, the better the local news talent pulls this off.
    Yeah.

That and psychology can be sort of dry anyhow....even if it is applied to guns. I've noticed myself going back to cut sections out where I repeated myself a bit, but it's still difficult to not sound somewhat monotone on camera. I wish I had the benefit of a teleprompter for this particular subject. At least then I wouldn't be looking away from the camera so much and I know I'm not missing any important points.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Unless you have at least 10 years experience shooting, know how to use a camera, have an I.Q. above 105, and look like you bathe at least five times a week, don't make any gun videos. That should eliminate at least 60% of all gun videos.

I tend to watch Hickok45...unless they meet the 'standards' set forth by dhw9am...and that's about it!

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I appreciate anyone who takes the time to make a video on my favorite subject. Footage of shooting always is a plus. I would love to see shops use YouTube too. Gun shop tours are my favorite but they are almost always too far to visit. INGO needs to keep doing them too. Maybe members here should get permission to do a visit to their local LGS and get some footage. We definitely should push this type of presentation when it comes to Shop of the Year.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Dont point your loaded gun at your buddy the camera man, "accidentally" touch the trigger and blow a hole through your tv. Yes, actually seen that one. Even if the tv shot was planned, the idiot pointed his loaded PT1911 at the camera.

http://youtu.be/Jmdmxg5UFqM

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You know that's as fake as a winter day is long, right?
    Firstly, mentioning a decocker... whuuut?
    Oh, and let's be sure to get the TV in the frame to "set it up". *eyeroll*
    Then freeze frames show absolutely no muzzle flip...whatsoever.
    Culminating in a shot of the TV (well after the blast... not a mark on it). Then add in some repeating movie smoke.
    Nice.

xFake1_zpsa366ffe7.jpg

xFake2_zpsf3f38f07.jpg

xFake3_zps8a8ae5a2.jpg

xFake4_zpsc1402c33.jpg

xFake5_zpsc2eb97e2.jpg

Yeah...
    A year or so ago, one of MiniJet's friends did a minute long video of a BBQ at our house and added an Indiana Jones boulder that smashed our house and a meteor that left a crater in the yard...next to the grill (which was still fine).
    I should have put that on YouTube for all the suckers, too... ;)

Top Bottom