• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    One of our 8 year olds on his first hunt and his first buck. Ruby did the last part of the tracking after the trail was lost. Mr. Jacob helped trail all the way..

null_zpsbd8a2d47.jpg

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Took my daughter out Saturday morning and she harvested her first deer ever. It was a 6 point buck, not bad for her first hunt of any kind. The buck came in front of us as we sat in a ground blind around 7:30. He was eating acorns and presented her a broadside shot at about 30 yards, she dropped him in his tracks. We both had a very emotional hug that lasted several minutes. That memory will be with both of us forever.

Congrats!

:yesway:That's what it's all about! That moment will last a lifetime. Congrats to you both! Now, where are the pics??!!

Exactly, I've been hunting for 13 years now and I will never forget the tears in my dads eyes when I shot my first deer.

cncswiss1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Fishers/Noblesville

He is so totally hooked!
    We hunted sat night/ Sunday morning (because of football commitments)

I figured during youth season all my regular stands are just too darnn wooly with all the vegetation still up. So I hung a 2 man stand in a small to mid sized walnut tree in a 40 acre hay pasture , the tree sort of swallowed the stand offering good cover (wiggly kids) but limited shooting lanes quite a bit-

Sat night we saw 5 bucks walk 20 yards to our left where we had no good shooting lane, he was buzzing with adrenaline for sure every time!... then a doe stepped into a small shooting opening, he clicked off the safety and got about 3.5lbs into a 4.5lbs trigger but was shaking like crazy and took too long to settle down, the doe moved to where he couldn’t shoot.- I am glad he didn’t rush the shot- I called the hunt at 7:58 that night.. all the rest of the evening he kicked himself for not taking the shot, we all reassured him that missed opportunities are part of hunting--- I knew he was hooked--

Sunday morning it went from Buck parade to Doe parade-- about 6 does all around (and under us) in the "not good to shoot area" finally one got in a shootable spot but he had to stand to shoot, his movement spooked them and he got to hear a "blow".. scared the tar out of him- great stuff! About 5 minutes later the same group of does was back and one wandered in our shooting lane, he shot thru her the long way, thru the heart and stomach exiting the right rear rump-- totally wasted one of the roasts, but a good lesson on why we don’t like gut shot deer! Stinky field dress! Loads of gagging and dry heaving- great stuff for sure-- proud dad, one hooked son!

The exit wound was impressive (458 socom 325 grain horniday loaded by redstar), I am going to make sure the taxidermist does not fix the hole in the pelt, I'd rather have the good story to go with that blanket.

24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    photo (3).jpgphoto (7).jpgphoto.JPGphoto (5).jpgHere's the pictures of my daughter Haley's buck she got Saturday morning. You can probably tell how proud I am by how many pictures I posted. LOL Oh yeah check out my INGO sticker on my window !!!

Last edited:

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Sorry we are a week late getting this photo on here. This is my 13 year old's first deer. Decent 6 pointer taken with a muzzleloader from about 80 yards. She hit him in the neck and he dropped down, layed still for 20 seconds then jumped up and ran about 75 yards then bled out. She was a nervous wreck after he jumped up. We went to where he fell, shed our jackets and packs, looked and found really good blood so I let her follow it. Took a few minutes but she stayed right on the trail in some pretty thick brush and she found him. Super proud of her.

Top Bottom