www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, I'm out. :(

Just went to block it off my schedule and saw I need to hit the IDPA classifier on the 17th. Wife will change the locks if I blow the family off for the whole weekend to go shoot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Surely you can sneak down 67 for an hour or two.

I might try try to bring the whole clan. See how the little monkeys (5 and 8) handle the gunfire. Neither have been exposed yet. The older one isthe timid one, and the little one isn't quite old enough yet. Plus the wife is very introverted, so social gatherings aren't her thing.

I do need to find some farmland to take the older one to for some 22 plinking for his first time. He is just warming up to his red Ryder, but I don't want to take him to a public range for his first outing. Lots of gunfire might not let him ease into it like he needs to. That's just how he is.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So, who's going to start the "What are you going to bring" thread?

We had one a couple years ago, in case someone wanted to shoot a gun that someone else had they knew to bring some ammo for it

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I might try try to bring the whole clan. See how the little monkeys (5 and 8) handle the gunfire. Neither have been exposed yet. The older one isthe timid one, and the little one isn't quite old enough yet. Plus the wife is very introverted, so social gatherings aren't her thing.

I do need to find some farmland to take the older one to for some 22 plinking for his first time. He is just warming up to his red Ryder, but I don't want to take him to a public range for his first outing. Lots of gunfire might not let him ease into it like he needs to. That's just how he is.

The area is plenty big enough that they don't have to be real close to the firing line if they don't want to. Also, there'll be plenty of time for the little ones to shoot and if there isn't I know everyone would make sure to make time.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I would love to come! Questions - are you accepting new members and is there a place to shoot my shotgun? It's all I have at the moment.

It's pretty much if you can find it event, you can come.

As for your shotgun, yes.

A couple years ago we had a "what are you bringing" thread so people could have an idea of what would be there in case someone wanted to shoot a firearm and the owner was okay with it as long as they supplied their own ammo, or other times it was a sure, go for it, kind of thing.

xjest3r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2015
    Martinsville
    It's pretty much if you can find it event, you can come.

As for your shotgun, yes.

A couple years ago we had a "what are you bringing" thread so people could have an idea of what would be there in case someone wanted to shoot a firearm and the owner was okay with it as long as they supplied their own ammo, or other times it was a sure, go for it, kind of thing.

Wonderful, thanks for the speedy reply.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The area is plenty big enough that they don't have to be real close to the firing line if they don't want to. Also, there'll be plenty of time for the little ones to shoot and if there isn't I know everyone would make sure to make time.

Thanks. I mentioned it to the wife, and she is considering it. I think we are going to at least try to make an appearance around lunchtime, grill some burgers, hang out, see what the kiddos do, etc. I'm hoping to at least stop and say hey.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Cameramonkey : like jd said we will make time for the little ones , they are important to us and every one there will tell you the same thing , and would love to see the lil ones shoot and help in any way they can.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    So, who's going to start the "What are you going to bring" thread?

We had one a couple years ago, in case someone wanted to shoot a gun that someone else had they knew to bring some ammo for it

Here's a good example;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-season-5-nwi-ingo-meet-shoot-sun-19-oct.html

Jedi does a fantastic job of keeping the lists updated. :ingo:

Going to consider attending. Bit of a drive, but sounds like a good time. Always a great time at the NWI M&Ss. This shouldn't be any different.

Top Bottom