• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    By at least 3 companies, right here on INGO. Google Analytics, Google +1 and Quantcast (twice). And even more on other sites. I really wasn't aware of how many places were tracking me till I added the Do Not Track Plus Add-On to Firefox. It blocks them from tracking you as you browse the web, and restores a modicum of privacy to you. If you're a Firefox user, I'd suggest you download it and use it. If you don't use Firefox...well, I don't think they make a version for you, but I hope there's something similar out there for you.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm not a tech guy so what do you mean by tracking people. Are you referring to basically keeping a log of internet surfing activities? Does this log have personally identifiable information?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm not a tech guy so what do you mean by tracking people. Are you referring to basically keeping a log of internet surfing activities? Does this log have personally identifiable information?
    Not sure what their tracking protocols are, by and large. I do know one that I found tracking me does have location, machine, OS, IP, time, browser, where you came from and more. As for the others, I just don't know what info they're garnering from their tracking. I like browsing as anonymously as possible and this add on helps that out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm not a big tech guy either, but as I understand it, have you ever noticed ads on web sites seem to reflect some of the other web sites you frequent? These outfits are trying to customize advertising to match up with your tastes and intersts to more efficiently separate you from your money.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Bookmark..

Ha if they want to track me or custom taylor ads for me they are for sure wasting their time! I only buy what i need.. and i almost always know where to buy the things i need at really good prices.

Sadly sometimes i order directly from china..

But i find it funny all the ads they try to show me.. lol

Top Bottom