• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    I saw these revolvers with the barrel connecting to the bottom most chamber in the cylinder.

A company named Chiappa in Italy produces them.

I'd like to get a feel for one, but don't know where anyone would have one. I'm in Tippecanoe County.

They have a smaller model for conceal carry as well as bigger models.

Any idea where I'd be able to handle one, even possibly try it at a range? Anyone else here already try it? What did you think of it?

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I saw three different models at the gun show in Lafayette yesterday. I had held one at the Indy 1500 about a year ago and again yesterday. The balance is different than other revolvers. I don't care for them, but that is just holding them, not shooting them. They seem bulky and overpriced. I don't think I will ever buy one.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah, not really interested. Just strange looking. I wouldn't mind testing one ...

picture.php

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    OK

I have read some good reports on these.
    However, if they are anything like their 22lr pistols -STAY AWAY!

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    My LSG has a few with some different barrel lengths. When I handled them I thought they were surprisingly ergonomic considering the look of their unconventional grips. They also appeared to be very sturdy and well built.
    However, I don't think I'd ever own one. Personally, I think they are incredibly ugly. Also, the internal design just seems to complex and easy to break.

After all, if you take away the reliability and good looks of the revolver what advantages do you have left.:dunno:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    My roomate had one for a while, very comfortable to hold, shoot, and fondle. it was reasonably accurate. I did find the cylinder release a bit difficult, and the crane seemed a bit flimsy. when shooting for longer periods I found myself wishing I could access the trigger with my middle finger. While dryfireing this was more comfortable, but left the index finger in harms way.

stacy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Parke County
    Never seen one until this thread, I can't say anything good or bad just looks alittle wierd to me. If it does'nt please my eyes I won't buy it.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    At the last 1500, one of the larger local dealers (can't remember which one) had one on their table. Whenever someone showed the slightest interest, the vendor would come over and say "I'll make you a great deal because I really want to move it". Sounds like it's not a hot seller.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I held them, they are much nicer in the hand than they appear. I would love to get one, but I want the 40DS. Most of the reviews are very favorable and felt recoil is greatly reduced. I know I'm in the minority, but l like the look.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The theoretical advantage is that it has a MUCH LOWER recoil, consequently follow up shots can be made much faster and more accurately because the muzzle flip is minimized.

There's nothing like the looks of a classic .357 magnum, like a S&W. As long as one practices, muzzle flip isn't an issue. Besides, that first shot from a magnum should be the only one needed. If a second one is needed, you probably have time to follow up, because of the damage done from the first shot

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    [ame]http://youtu.be/zuSOZk5JnRw[/ame]

I got to shoot a 4" .357 Rhino earlier this year. It does work as advertised in that muzzle flip is greatly reduced, BUT there is still a straight push that you feel in the forearms and elbows more than in the hands and wrists.

We had a couple of them come through when they were first released, but have elected not to carry them on a regular basis. The relatively high price point and the difficulty in finding holsters and accessories are a couple big strikes against it. As is, to some folks, the Chiappa name.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom