• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My bad, I was actually referring to the FSA, flexible spending account. They will be capped at $2500. MY wife's employer, a hospital, issues debit cards that are loaded at the first of the year with the amount you ask for, then a portion is deducted from your check every pay period, from pre-tax dollars, throughout the entire year. It's been awesome with two kids in braces, all four of us in glasses/contacts, one kid that gets allergy shots weekly, one that needed wisdom teeth cut out and misc. Dr. visits and prescriptions. We blew through $3500 last year without even trying hard.

Yes, if you know you're going to have those expenses, the FSA is great.

If you are unsure if you'll have expenses or not, the HSA is really the only way to go.

I fully fund mine every year. I know that one day I'll get into it, and it's nice to keep Uncle Sugar out of my wallet.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The important thing to remember is that the Secretary of Health and Human Services decides the "Standard of Care" for each age group and situation.

Bottom line: over age 70, make the patient comfortable with drugs; do nothing to restore health.

This will improve the over-all health of the population because older people have more illness and accidents.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The important thing to remember is that the Secretary of Health and Human Services decides the "Standard of Care" for each age group and situation.

Bottom line: over age 70, make the patient comfortable with drugs; do nothing to restore health.

This will improve the over-all health of the population because older people have more illness and accidents.

Speaking of accidents, KC is going to be PISSED (lolz...) that the government is getting rid of their adult diaper customers.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

Addendum:

There will be no "Death Panels." Death is the default standard of care.

However, in certain cases, a panel of administrators, not doctors, may be convened who may decide a particular patient deserves additional care.

Thus, even when all must be treated at the government-owned hospitals, the Party Elite will be protected from the consequences of this legislation.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well duh DOUG,

All animals are equal, some animals are more equal then others.

Also note if we are to save social secuirty we do need to trim the number of people getting it right now. So death being the standard does make sense to lower that number of free loaders.

--purple if needed by some---

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a partner who fully funds HsA each year, and if he expects a low medical bill year he will pay those bills in cash to protect the HSA funds. Essentially another IRA.

cardio1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South of Paradise
    Many are not aware that in 2015 nurse practitioners and physician's assistants will be paid the same as MDs. So, imagine you are a college student and can go to PA school for 2 years and start getting 80-100K/year OR 10-12 years of medical school+residency+fellowship and be in debt an average of 300K. Net loss by becoming an MD==1.3Million.
    No college student that can add will become a physician unless dad died of a brain tumor and he just must become a neurosurgeon.
    By 2020, foreign medical graduates will represent over 75% of physicians vs 40% now. They don't pay for medical school and frequently not for college. They do not come to the USA out of altruism nor to care for patients. If that was their goal, they would return home after their residency/fellowship.
    As a Canadian physician told me once "the people eventually get what they deserve and vote for"; the people voted twice and it will probably take 5-10 years for them to see the terrible results they have wrought for themselves. The beginnings are already here: USPHS recommends no routine PSA tests nor mammograms. Once the "panel" begins, that will change to the law of the land along with lots and lots of other things.

Welcome to health care run by the same people who run the US Post Office.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I can see where all the new jobs are coming from.We'll need hundreds of thousands of people just to decipher the plan, But who's going to pay for it all........Oh Yea US

Top Bottom