• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That is actually a really good document.

To the OP, can you now find me one explaining exactly how employees with premium plans will be taxed as part of their income.

Thanks in advance for doing my research for me.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    To the OP, can you now find me one explaining exactly how employees with premium plans will be taxed as part of their income.

Can you show me exactly where in the document it says they will be, I musta missed it.
    My understanding has always been that the insurer or the employer pay the tax. This doesn't even kick in until 2018, had to throw the UAW a bone as most of their plans would qualify.
    I have never really understood why the .gov would want to force employers to offer crappier insurance to their employees.
    The thing that my family will dislike the most is the limiting of HSA contributions to $2500, that's a steaming pile of *****. If a family is planning any significant medical expense, a baby, orthodontist, etc, that $2500 ain't goin very far.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Can you show me exactly where in the document it says they will be, I musta missed it.
    My understanding has always been that the insurer or the employer pay the tax. This doesn't even kick in until 2018, had to throw the UAW a bone as most of their plans would qualify.
    I have never really understood why the .gov would want to force employers to offer crappier insurance to their employees.
    The thing that my family will dislike the most is the limiting of HSA contributions to $2500, that's a steaming pile of *****. If a family is planning any significant medical expense, a baby, orthodontist, etc, that $2500 ain't goin very far.

Didn't you hear, tax deductions are actually expenses. By keeping your money, you're actually taking it from someone else.

Think of the children, would you?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It was not in the OP document but as I recall from years ago when this crap started, employees with "Premium" plans will end up paying income tax on some of the value of the benefit. No different from your employer handing you a bonus check.

I need to back track to that document.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008

Not quite. I think that you are confusing MSA's and HSA's. The limit for HSA's in 2013 is $3250.

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Not quite. I think that you are confusing MSA's and HSA's. The limit for HSA's in 2013 is $3250.

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

My bad, I was actually referring to the FSA, flexible spending account. They will be capped at $2500. MY wife's employer, a hospital, issues debit cards that are loaded at the first of the year with the amount you ask for, then a portion is deducted from your check every pay period, from pre-tax dollars, throughout the entire year. It's been awesome with two kids in braces, all four of us in glasses/contacts, one kid that gets allergy shots weekly, one that needed wisdom teeth cut out and misc. Dr. visits and prescriptions. We blew through $3500 last year without even trying hard.

Top Bottom