• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TravisJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Muncie/Ft. Wayne, IN
    I have been pulled over 3 times while carrying. Every time they asked me if I had a handgun in the car, I assume it pops up when the ran my plates. First time I told him right off and they took it and searched the car and kept me standing outside in the cold with the other 2 people who were with me for about a half hour, thus making us all late for work. Then they went back to their car and came back and gave me all my stuff back, told us we were free to go. Next two times I said "No Sir", got a warning once and a ticket the other time. My philosophy is to be as polite and non threatening as possible and if they do get me out of the car and pat me down, "I forgot I had it".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    First time I told him right off and they took it and searched the car and kept me standing outside in the cold with the other 2 people who were with me for about a half hour, thus making us all late for work.

Why did you consent to a search? And if you didn't consent, did you file a lawsuit for a civil rights violation? It sounds like there's more to this story. Simply legally possessing a firearm in your vehicle is not probable cause for a search.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    When I get stopped which is almost never I always open up my wallet "Flap" and show my license to drive and License to Carry at the same time.
    I keep both hands in plain sight on my wallet until the officer gets to my vehicle window and follow his/her instructions from there.
    I consider it a courtesy and "calmer" for both of us.
    I have learned my rights and responsibiities mostly here on INGO reading and know I shouldn't give up my rights.
    HOWEVER...This being said I will live with what I feel is right, proper, and courteous until I learn differently on my own accord.
    I treat everyone with respect and expect the same.
    IF it ever comes back on me and bites me in the arse I will live with it and make my own decisions how I will rectify it.
    It may not be "legally smart" but I cringe on the thought of living by a set of paper rules.
    I will be true to my upbringing and give respect to all until they show me different.
    I will tell the truth as I have been taught my whole life. And if necessary there is that 5th amendment thing to be used.

Top Bottom