• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have a ruger 10-22 from the 90's. The exact year escapes me at the moment. That is the only used gun I have bought in the 10 years I have been shooting.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IMG_1316-1.jpg

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I have a 1907 Dreyse, made between 1907 and 1914. Semi auto, shoots metric equivalent of 32auto. I also have na enfield #2 . the Dreyse works, but it light hits primers about every other one.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    An I HOLLIS & SONS double barrel muzzleloader that's been in my family since the 1830's when it was made. It came over from Ireland with my GGGrandpa during the potato famine.

After that would be the Remington Model 12 my Grandpa bought new back in the 1920's. Actually, most of my guns (long and hand) are older.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    oldest

1799 dated Model 1795 Flintlock musket, bought it locally from the original owners decendants they thought that he bought it in the 1830's when they moved to Henry County from Switzerland County Indiana. From a Great, Nicest you ever met older couple that had no children to pass it to. I ended up buying most of their accumulation when they moved to a apartment. it included every thing they ever bought in like new condition... even their toys from their childhood and the guys service souvenirs (WW2 Bombadier) in the barn was a near complete gunsmiths shop from the 1850's including blacksmithing tools, a rifling machine stockmakers tools etc. I still have a lot of fond memories telling them what items were that they had all their life and had no idea... they were thrilled that someone was going to enjoy all the junk they got rid of.... and I still do.

Last edited:

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My oldest is a 12 ga "Remington hammerless" shotgun that belonged to my grandpa. It's a black powder, browned damascas barrel, single shot that could be ordered from the Sears catalog for about $3 in the early 1890's. He told me he traded a barlow and some other stuff to a friend in the later 1890's to get it. The stock had cracked and was repaired with wood pins and it looks like someone carved a new fore-arm for it. To be honest it looks like heck, but what a fine prize for a young kid who grew up hunting in the hills of Tenn. I wouldn't part with it for the world and of course it's a "fire-place" hanger not to be shot any more. You can see the metal-work of the damascas barrel in several places, nothing for modern powder these days.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have a new oldest firearm (at least oldest that I know the date of manufacture).
    Ruger 10/22 made in the 200th year of our nation's liberty. Just picked it up a couple weeks ago.

Haikufunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    A 1902 Swedish Mauser. Great condition. Beyond that a first generation Glock 17 that was birthed in Dec. 1986. Have Glocks really been around that long? Who would of thought that plastic could leave such a lasting impression.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I have and old H&R trapper model .22 revolver from the 1930's that my grandpa gave me about a year ago. That darn thing is the loudest .22 I've ever shot.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    not sure how old but got a stevens double barrel 12 gauge with the hammers....anbody know then these where made?

Top Bottom