• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    classic.

I find it interesting how mean spirited people get on here. Maybe people are not calling out specific people but calling people who drink and carry stupid and idiots is crazy.

I find it interesting how "mean spirited" people get about those who assert that getting drunk is stupid by calling them "mean spiritied" and "crazy."
    :laugh:

I carried at the bar last night I had one beer in the hotel room before we left went to the bar and then drink coke all night was dd when got back to the room had three more beers. Not at one time was I hampered in my judgement or reflexes.

You had 4 beers and think your judgement and reflexes were not hampered? Were you drinking when you wrote that?

Watch this:
    Learn About Alcohol's Effects on Reaction Times Video ? 5min.com

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The question then become ones of "lefty the liberal". You aren't good enough to be able to defend yourself.

:rolleyes:

I can honestly say that I've never once said that unlike a few conservatives even on this board that say that we need to have mandatory training because they don't trust ANYBODY ELSE with a gun besides themselves because the rest of us are all stupid & probably shouldn't carry.

You people do remember that a gun is an inanimate object and won't go off on it's own right? This includes if someone around it is drinking. Provided they don't manipulate it, it won't do anything.

You know, I used to think that until I was set straight by (I assume :dunno:) a couple of conservatives on here who assured me that if I left my AK-47 in my back yard unattended it, of it's own volition, would go on a killing spree such as we've never seen before.

being involved in a shoot or just drawing your firearm in generel if you're above the legal limit..pretty much rest assured you will have a hearing before the ISP as to whether or not you're allowed to keep your permit or if it will be revoked..I personally don't want to be the one to test the waters.

What reason do you have for making this statement as if it's a fact?

Rest assured, if you are in a situation where you would have needed your gun but don't have it due to having a couple drinks, you probably won't hear from anybody... Ever again...

I'll take my chances on losing my permit (not my life)

+1 :yesway:

If I am going out to have a beer, I carry. If I am drinking, I leave the gun at home. If some moron is looking to ruin my night by getting into a bar fight, I don't want to have my firearm be a factor.

I would think that if a moron is looking to get into a bar fight which you had no part in starting then you would WANT to have a gun for effective self-defense. What if the moron has a knife or a gun himself?

That being said, I also figure that if I am drinking, and I get pulled over, I figure an LEO would be more likely to give me a hard time for having a drink and then driving if I am carrying than if I am not. Common sense when it comes to alcohol will help a person avoid any problems they might have.

You really think there's a chance that if you're drinking and you get pulled over that the cop isn't going to give you a hard time because you're not carrying? I'd say you're getting a hard time either way. Especially since the ILLEGAL part is driving while drunk, not carrying while drunk.

We will all answer to God for our choices.

Maybe some of us will...;)

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I make sure to especially carry when i go to bars. I'm always the DD for myself and my friends, so my number 1 goal is to get everyone home SAFE! Safe on the road and safe from jackasses with evil intentions.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Can someone point me to the law for carrying in bars? Me and my brother were kicked out of the bar last night because a jacka** leo seen his xd. The bar owner was fine with him carrying as long as he concealed it but the leo's said we were breaking the law and we had to leave. I disagreed with them until they threatened to arrest me for PI. They then proceeded to field strip his xd and said he had to leave it in the trunk and made us leave......any thoughts???

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Can someone point me to the law for carrying in bars? Me and my brother were kicked out of the bar last night because a jacka** leo seen his xd. The bar owner was fine with him carrying as long as he concealed it but the leo's said we were breaking the law and we had to leave. I disagreed with them until they threatened to arrest me for PI. They then proceeded to field strip his xd and said he had to leave it in the trunk and made us leave......any thoughts???

Yeah. Call the PD and file a complaint against the cop for stealing your property.

And next time, let them arrest you. Unless you really were drunk.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Yeah. Call the PD and file a complaint against the cop for stealing your property.

The leo's didn't keep his gun. They put it in my brothers trunk. And as far as letting them arrest me, I have a family to provide for and can't afford the legal troubles. I wasn't drunk but I had a few drinks.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The leo's didn't keep his gun. They put it in my brothers trunk. And as far as letting them arrest me, I have a family to provide for and can't afford the legal troubles. I wasn't drunk but I had a few drinks.

Doesn't matter. When they took it without legal cause, they stole it. Whether they gave it back or not is irrelevant.

If you don't want to follow up on it, bout the most you can do about it is complain on an internet forum, and don't carry into the bar again so the bullies aren't mean to you.

Hope that doesn't seem harsh... but if you aren't willing to stand up to those who want to take your rights, there's frankly nothing you can do about it.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Doesn't matter. When they took it without legal cause, they stole it. Whether they gave it back or not is irrelevant.

If you don't want to follow up on it, bout the most you can do about it is complain on an internet forum, and don't carry into the bar again so the bullies aren't mean to you.

Hope that doesn't seem harsh... but if you aren't willing to stand up to those who want to take your rights, there's frankly nothing you can do about it.

Not harsh at all. I understand and agree with what your saying. I may take a trip downtown Monday morning. Thanks for the advise. I didn't realize that would be considered stealing but it makes perfect since. Thanks again

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Can't point you to any laws in Indiana because there are none. What isn't prohibited is allowed.

An officer is allowed to disarm you for "officer safety" to a degree, recent case law may have changed that in IN but it will take more to come to a legal conclusion.

See above, although he may/should file a complaint about it and hope to get it changed.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I will drink two relatively weak scotch and waters over a three hour period at the Legion Club and still carry. Other than that, no.

But then, I rarely drink these days, and I NEVER get drunk. Wish I always could have been able to say that.

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    what i have encountered...

first off, i do not drink to get drunk... but i do enjoy a nice cold beer or two when relaxing at home or out with the guys. since i use the same judgement - judgement to keep my reflexes from being inhibited - when it comes to driving as to carrying, my gun stays with me. i do not let it become a risk because i do not get drunk when carrying or before driving home.

but, the laws are silent on this. from my experience, you can carry into a bar but they will tell you to conceal. recently, i was enjoying a beer after work with coworkers and the bar tender (who happens to be a guy i grew up with) walked up, tapped my holster, and said "keep it concealed in here." about an inch of my serpa holster was showing. i just unbuttoned my bottom button for an easy fix. later he actually asked if i was into rifles and if i would be up for joining a rifle and pistol club and possibly start competing. i'm sure others have had worse cases, this just happened to be mine.

from talking with a local town marshall, an leo would be justified in confiscating a weapon in the event he or she felt you were inhibited enough that posession of your weapon put someone at risk. this is completely subjective. they would either confiscate your weapon and tell you to find them in the morning, or wait outside to see if you are dumb enough to drive home drunk. they could also catch you with a PI if you stumble out and take you in for that. most likely, they will take the weapon and return it when they think you're sober. but then, they will probably return it empty. the law protects your right to bear arms but does not garuntee you ammo for those guns.

just my $0.02

Top Bottom