• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One of the students at my school asked me how old I was. I told him I was 41. He said, " Wow!, my grandma is younger than you! Nice.
    Michael J. Fox is another one who looks younger than what he is. I liked Ralph Macchio in The Outsiders too! How many of you youngin's have seen that movie? ;)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Turned on the "Classic Oldies" radio station and they were playing AC/DC...
    I remember going to an AC/DC concert in the late 70s, and the crowd was all crazy as hell. I saw them a few years ago, and I swear, it was pretty much the same people in the crowd, but they/we were all older and way more mellow than we used to be. One of the more polite concert crowds I've seen.:):

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    One of the students at my school asked me how old I was. I told him I was 41. He said, " Wow!, my grandma is younger than you!
    My kindergarten teacher retired a couple years ago. My mom said she happened to run into her around the same time and said that when she realized she was getting the grandkids of former students in her class, that was when she decided it was time to wrap things up. :):

Two favorite "feel old" moments:
    1) We were reminiscing about Saturday morning cartoons at work one day, and I mentioned Fraggle Rock (not the cartoon version). The kid I was working with said, "What's Fraggle Rock?" He grew up on Veggie Tales. :n00b:

2) When my nephew was about to turn 6, he was adamant he didn't want to have another birthday. One of his new friends at school (he'd just started Kindergarten) told him that when you get old you die, and my nephew didn't want to get old. "So how old is old?" I asked him. "Um.. I dunno.. 30." I nearly fell over laughing. When I recovered, I said, "Oh no! That means Uncle Lars and I only have a year left to live!" That alarmed him quite a bit, so we got out his Chutes & Ladders game and showed him where he was on the board, and where all the people in his family were in relation to him. And then I told him that Lars' Great-Grandma Nellie didn't pass away until she was 104, and that wasn't even on the board!! That nephew, my younger sister's oldest child, just turned 12 last month. My daughter is only 2. I'm not sure which makes me feel older. :):

Top Bottom