• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    With the various types of holsters out there I would be interested in what everyones favorite type or style of holster is.
    I personally own several types of holsters made from various types of material. The holster I wear is usually determined by what I will be doing, what I am wearing and where I will be going.
    I recently purchased a FOBUS paddle holster and absolutely love it.
    I like the fact that my weapon snaps into place and gives me the ability to draw my weapon very quickly. It is not nearly as bulky as other holsters that I own and rides just slightly higher than other holsters, which makes it much more comfortable, at least for me, to wear.
    So what types of holsters do you own or prefer to wear.
    :draw:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Fobus is ok. I have one, but won't use it anymore. Why carry your $500+ gun in a $20 holster?

I use a Comp-TAC MTAC holster. VERY comfortable IWB holster.
    If I was going to OC, I would use a Raven Concealment holster.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Fobus is ok. I have one, but won't use it anymore. Why carry your $500+ gun in a $20 holster?

I use a Comp-TAC MTAC holster. VERY comfortable IWB holster.
    If I was going to OC, I would use a Raven Concealment holster.

I agree with all of this. I CC in a hybrid IWB rig (leather/kydex) from Mills Tactical. When I'm not carrying IWB, I use a Raven Phantom holster. :twocents:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Uncle mikes IWB ;)

It actually does the job very well but I currently use a high noon "hidden ally" great price and very comfortable!

I couldn't stand the FOBUS that I had for my SR9, basically had to hold my holster with my weak hand to get the gun out! To each their own though!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...It actually does the job very well but I currently use a high noon "hidden ally" great price and very comfortable!

Another +1 for High Noon, although I prefer the Split Decision model (the canted version of the Hidden Ally).

Reasonably priced, comfortable, simple, easy on/off.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I either have a Galco Combat Master or a Raven for my carry guns. If I was buying another holster tomorrow for a new carry gun it would definitely be one of those two.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    For my J-frame, it's either a Mika pocket holster or a High Noon Split Decision.

For my M&P, Raven Phantom. (have one for each of my M&Ps, but have never carried the FS....yet)

-J-

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The holster I wear is usually determined by what I will be doing, what I am wearing and where I will be going

Very wise. I think you'll be just fine.:D

I prefer horsehide. My favorite maker is Milt Sparks, Bruce Nelson or Alessi but own others.

We are very fortunate to have so many fine holster makers today.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    El Paso Saddlery model 88 Street Combat for my XD. The quality is first rate, and I would not hesitate to buy the same model for anything I plan to carry. :yesway:

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I just recently got a belly band (Galco Underwraps) and love it with my PPS. I think they are very underrated. You have the option of wearing it high with the gun under your strong or weak arm while still having the option to wear it low inside the waistband like a normal IWB or appendix carry holster. I also love how it keeps the load off of my belt and evenly distributes it around my torso. I can also carry 3 spare mags with room to spare. Slow re-holstering is a non-issue for me, as it really should be for any CC holster.

I can see how the band doesn't work for everyone, though. I just think it offers more utility than any other holster for its value.

Will-IB-Ready

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Michigan
    Like the rest of you I'm sure, I have a big box of holsters in the closet that didn't quite "do it" for me. I finally figured out that I love kydex as a holster material, and I own a ton of Raven gear. It's top notch stuff but I got sick of having to wait 5 months every time I needed something new so I started making my own. That turned into a full time gig.

Last edited by a moderator:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Pretty satisfied with my desantis speed scabbard I think the name is. Also have a very similar one by galco that works well.

For iwb I like my supertuck and a small galco clip-on.

Nobody nearby has a decent holster selection so I've got a big box full of holsters I've bought tried and didn't like as well as a wide variety of universals I use when I get a new gun I'm not certain ill carry often enough to justify a proper holster.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I just recently got a belly band (Galco Underwraps) and love it with my PPS.

I have been considering one of these for use when I wear elastic waist pants. My LCP really needs a trigger guard as there is no safety on it. Do any of these belly band type wraps have a firm protective layer of some sort in the holster area to avoid inadvertant jostling of the trigger?

Top Bottom