• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, when I was at IU I couldn't get enough Upland Wheat and Dragonfly IPA. When I lived out west, I got hooked on New Belgium Fat Tire (They didn't have it east of the Mississippi River back then). Living in Kalifornia, there are quite a few tasty breweries out there, especially up north. Now that I'm back in IN, I enjoy Sun King Osiris, Bells Hopslam and Two Hearted, and Ranger IPA from New Belgium. Oh, Stone Ruination is pretty damn good as well. As you can see, I'm partial to the IPAs. I'm always on the lookout for new ones to try, so I will usually pick up a sixer of something that looks interesting at the store. Sometimes I win, sometimes I completely lose.

When I was in MT last summer, they have some EXCELLENT breweries there.

I guess I'm just a sucker for good beer, ha! It seems that wherever I go, I always like their beer.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    label_doubleCT.jpg

Dark Horse Brewing Company............after all they make Double Crooked Tree IPA :)

I'll have to remember that one.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    Osiris by Sun King!!!!
    ^^ this^^
    myself and a few friends go there almost every friday for samples the osiris is the only normal house brew i like there though. the angle juice was a good one too while it lasted. i have osiris on tap at home but triton brewery on the fort has some really good stuff too.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    Bier Brewery on 65th St, between Binford Blvd. & Allisonville Road (Just east of the RR tracks).

Can't say enough about them. A lot of different brews and nearly all are really good.

Looking for a good wheat bier, try their "Weisengoot". It's awesome.

I'll second this!
    Bier Brewery always has several different beers on tap, and it's so unbelievably fresh (without tasting "green" if you know what I mean).
    If you're into craft beer, you really owe it to your tastebuds to pay them a visit.
    My favorite brewery, period.

:cheers:

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Give Three Floyds a try. They are in Muenster Indiana, up near Chicago. Some of the finest beers available IMHO. Try the Gumball Head is an incredible wheat. Zombie Dust is another favorite from them.

You stole the words right out of my mouth, At least it wasnt my beer.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hit up Figure 8 in Valparaiso. Their beers are better than 3 Floyds in my opinion. Crown Brewery in Crown Point is also top notch.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lots of good places suggested here, but make your way up to Noblesville to Barley Island. Lots of good beers on tap and, when it's in season, their Scotch Ale is one seriously popular brew. The food there is OK, at best. The food truck outside Triton and the others are reportedly better.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Shoreline Brewery in Michigan City. Try their Beltain Scotch ale, Smokestack porter or Singing Sands stout. Very good food too!

Flat 12, Sun King and Fountain Square Brewing Co. are all good choices in Indy.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll second the New Albanian, and they have great pizza and bread sticks, too.
    One of my other favorites, for those who visit Gatlinburg TN occasionally, is the Smokey Mountain Brewery. The Cherokee red ale, and Whitewater unfiltered wheat beer is amazing, I haul a mini keg of one or both back from there every time we go.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'll second the New Albanian, and they have great pizza and bread sticks, too.
    One of my other favorites, for those who visit Gatlinburg TN occasionally, is the Smokey Mountain Brewery. The Cherokee red ale, and Whitewater unfiltered wheat beer is amazing, I haul a mini keg of one or both back from there every time we go.
    I'll third it. We stopped in there last summer on our way to New Orleans and Memphis, for lunch. Good pizza and my wife really enjoyed her beer. She often wears her New Albanian t-shirt.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've prepared for the beer apocalypse with several trips to 3 Floyd's. I have taken a pretty good liking to Triton Railsplitter as well.

Top Bottom