Your favorite artists (singers/bands/actors) that you love, but HATE their politics?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I use to think she was sorta attractive, but when I heard her speak on the news about her hate toward conservatives a few years back, she made my chubby go away..damn her, damn her all to hell! :D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    +1 Boilers, great idea for a thread. I deal with this on a daily basis.

Ok, I'll bite here. I like Dave Matthews Band and Coldplay, but I couldn't disagree more with their political views. There are so many more liberal musicians/bands out there, Green Day is a big one, that have a great sound but are just as left wing as they can be. Drive's me f'ing insane!

I love Ted Nugent's political views, but I can only listen to "Cat Scratch Fever" so many times before I want to run my head into a plate glass window.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    matt damon

i like the jason borne character and think he plays it well... damon has been enjoyable to watch in several movies... but he is a Lefty Leninist through and through... ugh

I feel the same way, bothers me! The "Bourne" movies are great, although as I understand it they are no way near as good as the book(s). I like all of the Ocean's 11-12-13 movies (apparently) but they are chock full of Hollywood's finest liberal leftists. Again, just drives me nuts.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'll second Mellencamp and The Boss. I like to think their leanings to the Democrat party are more due to their age. For years in rural America dems were thought to be more in tune with the working man. Mellencamp's and Springsteen's audiences were laborers, farmers, union members, smokers, drinkers, hell raisers, good ol' boys, etc...people that looked out for the little man, joe six pack if you will. I used to explain to people the difference between a rural central Indiana democrat whose constituents were shift workers at the local GM plant and famers and a California/New England democrats whose constituents were...well, wealthy, were night and day. Now days....not so much.

Of course, those two have had a chance to recuse themselves, but instead actually drifted further left in conjunction with the Obama craze. I haven't bought any of thier recent offerings because of this.

Much to my wife's dissapointment, I'm not really a movie watcher. Whenever I do watch a movie, I'm almost always dissapointed. Plot lines seem very stale to me. So I can't really comment on Hollywood types - other than I can't stand them and shows about thier "cribs", "richest couples", award shows, etc. kind of make me gag.

I do like some classic movies though....Like, This is Spinal Tap! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I use to think she was sorta attractive, but when I heard her speak on the news about her hate toward conservatives a few years back, she made my chubby go away..damn her, damn her all to hell! :D

Didn't Janeane rabidly bash the Tea Parties?

One of my favorite bands is Queensryche, but lead singer Geoff Tate is a flaming liberal, and writes it into a lot of their music. hence why I only listen to the older stuff.

Another all time favorite of mine is Boston, but Tom Scholz is a tree hugging radical vegan and I can't stand him as a person, but Boston still rocks.

As for Mellancamp, how can a "small town" Indiana boy grow up to be a flaming lib??

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Didn't Janeane rabidly bash the Tea Parties?

One of my favorite bands is Queensryche, but lead singer Geoff Tate is a flaming liberal, and writes it into a lot of their music. hence why I only listen to the older stuff.

Another all time favorite of mine is Boston, but Tom Scholz is a tree hugging radical vegan and I can't stand him as a person, but Boston still rocks.

As for Mellancamp, how can a "small town" Indiana boy grow up to be a flaming lib??

Yes, she blatantly and outright called us racist.:n00b:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Here you go you racists rednecks with your misfiring brains and limbic dissfunctions....don't punch your screen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IeRxVMpyDg"]YouTube - Janeane Garofalo "tea baggers are racists" Countdown - Keith Olbermann - April 16 2009[/ame]

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Brad Pitt had a quote attributed to him. I don't know if it was actually said or if it is apocryphal.

"What do I know about politics? I wear make up for a living."

I wish more actors took that approach to politics. Entertain me... that's your job and nothing else.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I like a few Sean Penn movies but he seems like a real a-hole. I like Bon Jovi music but I see Jon Bon Jovi is on the NRA anti list. Helen Hunt and Jack Nicholson are also on the list but I like their movies.

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    As others have said, I don't pay attention to celebrity politics. It ruins movies/music I would otherwise enjoy. They can do what they want, I'll do what I want.

I love Jim Carrey's old stuff, and "Yes Man," but I saw he is a pretty stout athiest. I don't think anything of it, and I still laugh at his movies hysterically. Another is comedian Stephen Lynch. He's prob one of my 3 fav comedians, and he is pretty liberal.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I simply "vote with my wallet" if it is peticularly offensive enough for me to make a mental note of it - I just wont have anything to do with them anymore, won't give another penny to their company, for their products/services or listen to their music, or watch their television program, their movies, etc, etc.

Top Bottom