behind you
    31437531lj6.jpg

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Ya'll are some deprived dudes. You can have any gun with any price tag and ya'll pick mostly production guns???

Sig 210 would be cool. HK P7's aint that expensive, can be had for $800ish.

How bout a Caspian wide body frame, classic slide, 9mm, with a Dawson FO front, Bomar rear, flat tri glide trigger set to 2lbs. and a pile of mags.

or a Caspian Race Ready single stack with a Marvel .22 top end and a C more.

or Ruger 10/22 with a Krieger 20" heavy barrel, Kidd trigger set to 1.5 lbs, in a Bell and Carlson stock, topped with a Leupold VXIII scope of whatever power and a truckload of RWS R50.

or a Perazzi MX5

or a JP CTR-02 with a Leupold VXIII 1.5-5x20 with a Leupold dot reticle and a semi load of Black hills 69gr match.

or a STI 6 incher with a long, wide frame, full wieght slide, Tri glide trigger, bo mar rear and black post front in .40

or a Smith 610, 5 inch with a Randy Lee trigger.

Or for Smith to start making an L frame .40/10mm

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Ya'll are some deprived dudes. You can have any gun with any price tag and ya'll pick mostly production guns???

Since my firearms focus is more of a combat/defensive focus I'd rather have guns I know will run beyond a shadow of a doubt under the worst circumstances. At the same time, I'd like those guns not to present any additional "Emotional fodder" for a Jury of [strike]idiots[/strike] my peers with which to convict me.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Already have one of my dream handguns.
    Colt Delta Elite

I guess the other would be the new production Delta Elite, whenever they start making the damn thing.

delta-elite-004.jpg

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Since my firearms focus is more of a combat/defensive focus I'd rather have guns I know will run beyond a shadow of a doubt under the worst circumstances. At the same time, I'd like those guns not to present any additional "Emotional fodder" for a Jury of [strike]idiots[/strike] my peers with which to convict me.

Sounds like you need a S&W Model 10 then. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

I hear where you are coming from, but the sentiment that custom guns wont run is inaccurate. Any race gun worth owning is at least as reliable as a Glock. Half the time "competitors" who have race gun problems either don't have a well built gun, or haven't developed a load that runs well in it. Serious competitors will not accept gun malfunctions. If the gun won't run, fix it, try different mags, try different loads, or get rid of it. Further, many production or "defense" guns are picky about what ammo they like best, so I think they are on par to race guns, at least in that regard. Now maybe a glock right out of the box will run more reliably with factory ammo than a custom gun with the same ammo would, but that doesnt mean the custom gun is junk. It means you have to work with it a little to find what it likes. Besides, there are other purposes than purely self defense.

Top Bottom