• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    This is my normal setup, Glock 19. I just picked up a M&P Shield this week which I will likely carry as well.

IMAG0255.jpg

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    My Carry

My current carry is a Walther PPQ in .40 with a IWB holster from Old Faithful Holsters. Cheap holster, works well and retention is great.

Used to carry a Ruger LCR in .38 but ended up getting rid of it a while back. Those Rugers are a great choice if you're looking into changing or updating your carry peice... they can fit in a back pocket and the top of the grip which is barely visable from your back pocket makes it look like a wallet. Amaaaaazingly comfortable to carry.

Still getting used to the PPQ.

travelingman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    I don't leave the house without my G27 on my ankle. At first the weight was tough to get used to, but after just a few carries I feel naked if I don't have it on. With boot cut jeans nobody can tell it's there. The Gen 3 subs already had the dual spring, so save yourself the money and skip the Gen 4 if you are getting this one. Good luck in your search.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Glock 23 Gen4 strong-side OWB. Glock 26 support-side back pocket. Two extra mags for the 23 sometimes 1 extra for the 26.

I figure if my life is worth carrying one gun, it's worth carrying two and extra ammo.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Glock 23 Gen4 strong-side OWB. Glock 26 support-side back pocket. Two extra mags for the 23 sometimes 1 extra for the 26.

I figure if my life is worth carrying one gun, it's worth carrying two and extra ammo.

Wow kudos to you, heck of a load out!

Interesting that you have a .40 and a 9mm, I think if I were to carry two Glocks I would have them the same caliber so I could use my compact mags in my subcompact if I had to. What are your thoughts on that?

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm not sure on which gun I want to carry. I've narrowed it down to a sigma, glock 17, 1911, or usp. I have asked opinions before and I usually get an answer regarding that each is a different price point. I don't know what I'll end up carrying, but I do know it will be a fullsize, my hands are too big for a compact or subcompact to be comfortable.

I carry either my g27 at 4 oclock or my px4 storm full size in the same fashion, depending on the weather. As far as when you say that your hands are too big for compact or sub-compact, i would say at least give them a shot, pun intended. Even though i have bigger hands I tend to perform better with smaller guns than my friends who have smaller hands.

For example with my g27 without pinky extension on the magazine there is room for your middle and ring fingers. That goes for Mr. Banana Hands or someone with smallish hands. But, with bigger hands, I'm able to have a better grip on the pistol.

Also, as mentioned, there are pinky extensions for subcompact pistols. Most compact guns have grips very similar in size to their big brothers. I just wouldn't give up on the option because in most cases a smaller gun is gonna be much more comfortable for carry.

vstrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Elkhart
    Carry

M&P 9c in Kingtuk while wearing cargo shorts, Hi Power Practical in DeSantis Speed Scabbard the rest of the time.

Top Bottom