Your children don't live with you....how are you going to get them when SHTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am not divorced but I am away from them when at work only. I have thought alot about this subject. If SHTF getting to my family is #1 unless I am already at home. My route home is tricking since every route home makes me cross a major river. I figure the bridges will be shut down so I am definetly on foot. It is tricky but the river is safe to cross if the water level is not up, I have checked the safest points to cross but if the water is up I am stuck backtracking about 10 miles but it is worth it to get to my grocery grabbers.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My ex wife is a wacko, so if there is any time or way to get the 2 miles to her house if the boys are there, I will get them, regardless of her wishes. The boys would definately be an asset for me, as the 3 of them are well versed in the safe and efficient handling of weapons, and all 3 have their own guns. They are also helpful in the garden, so if it came to long term survival that would be a plus. Depending on the urgency of the situation, I would have some serious reservations about leaving my wife and step-daughter here while I go get the boys though. This is really something that needs a lot of thought. Thanks for posting:yesway:

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I'm hopeful that when SHTF it won't be sudden or instantaneous, so the key will be education and awareness. You have to teach them to see the signs, and more importantly, to act once the decline begins. If you can stay one step ahead of the sheeple, you'll be able to assemble your family, etc. I believe this will be the more likely scenario, as opposed to some EMP or split second collapse. Even with a gradual decline, the vast majority will do nothing to prepare themselves other than buying three days worth of groceries and supplies at Walmart. You have to teach the kids what they're supposed to do, and when, but mine are high school / college age, with one being several hours away at school. Even so - there's nothing that I wouldn't do to get her home.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    ok, I am new and I have seen the letters SHTF, and I can not figure it out?!?!? what does this mean?

SHTF=Sh*t Hits The Fan; some sort of disaster where basic services are unavailable. Hurricane Katrina is a good example. It could also be a blizzard, a major riot, terrorist attack, earthquake or anything else that means 911 isn't working, the power is out and the grocery store is closed.

Top Bottom