You think the maids will get the 1 million Dorner reward?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There is a very good chance the maids are illegal immigrants...When they try to collect the reward their legal status will come up...The city will say we will overlook your being in our nation illegally if you back off the reward request...I do not know for sure that they are illegal but it is a strong probabilty...We will actually get to see a California Government entity care about someones legal status when it comes to forking out a million dollars...By the way...Where did California get a million dollars??? I thought they were broke...:rolleyes:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There is a very good chance the maids are illegal immigrants...When they try to collect the reward their legal status will come up...The city will say we will overlook your being in our nation illegally if you back off the reward request...I do not know for sure that they are illegal but it is a strong probabilty...We will actually get to see a California Government entity care about someones legal status when it comes to forking out a million dollars...By the way...Where did California get a million dollars??? I thought they were broke...:rolleyes:

They weren't maids....they were the owners of the home. have you seen them......LOL......ya they have that illegal look about them.

They helped with the capture.....but no conviction. Give them at least half.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I work on equipment that can get people killed. If I'm negligent, I can get operators killed or seriously injured. I may or may not be financially liable but my employer sure the hell is. My actions affect the livelihood of a few thousand people. If my negligence causes an injury or death, you can rest assured the full weight of OSHA and other bureaucracies will reign down on my employer. The costs could put my employer out of business and a few thousand people out of work. A cop ****s up, the taxpayers get the bill and the agency goes on like nothing ever happened.

A large city like LA isn't going to bankrupt and close down shop, so your example has no relevance. Let's change your example slightly in order to make it work. Your coworker makes a mistake that costs the company $10,000. Would you agree to being held financially liable for that mistake? Say you work for a very large company and have never even heard of the guy who made the mistake.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A large city like LA isn't going to bankrupt and close down shop, so your example has no relevance. Let's change your example slightly in order to make it work. Your coworker makes a mistake that costs the company $10,000. Would you agree to being held financially liable for that mistake? Say you work for a very large company and have never even heard of the guy who made the mistake.

Good point. How about splitting the difference and taking from his personal retirement account until break-even (which likely will never be reached) without affecting anyone else's?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Good point. How about splitting the difference and taking from his personal retirement account until break-even (which likely will never be reached) without affecting anyone else's?

If he's sued and loses, then they should be able to go after his personal assets just like anybody else. I'm not sure if a personal retirement account is fair game, but if so, then I have no problem with that. All I'm saying is that I disagree with punishing all 10,000 officers, and the untold thousands of retirees who worked a whole career to earn that money, for the mistake of a few people. The officers who did the shooting though, they take their chances with the courts like anybody else in my opinion.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If he's sued and loses, then they should be able to go after his personal assets just like anybody else. I'm not sure if a personal retirement account is fair game, but if so, then I have no problem with that. All I'm saying is that I disagree with punishing all 10,000 officers, and the untold thousands of retirees who worked a whole career to earn that money, for the mistake of a few people. The officers who did the shooting though, they take their chances with the courts like anybody else in my opinion.

I agree. Philosophically this is little different than most everyone living with searches based on the infallible nose, being drawn down on when not necessary, and generally treated being treated as criminals just because there is a dangerous subset of the population. Punishing all for the actions of one or a few may work in a platoon in basic training, but it is not suitable for society in general.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I work on equipment that can get people killed. If I'm negligent, I can get operators killed or seriously injured. I may or may not be financially liable but my employer sure the hell is. My actions affect the livelihood of a few thousand people. If my negligence causes an injury or death, you can rest assured the full weight of OSHA and other bureaucracies will reign down on my employer. The costs could put my employer out of business and a few thousand people out of work. A cop ****s up, the taxpayers get the bill and the agency goes on like nothing ever happened.

Yep!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know that it was not 2 maids Dorner tied up, but check it out:n00b:

$1.1M reward for Christopher Dorner may go uncollected | Fox News

This could be good news after a fashion. If it creates the image in people's mind that turning information for a reward doesn't secure the award but rather enter a person into a lottery that may be collected, divided between several, or not given to anyone, it will do much to take the profit motive out of responding. I can't say that responding is such a bad thing all the time, but what about when the day comes that it is more often revolves around doing things we now recognize as rights rather than going Dorner on someone?

Top Bottom