You think the maids will get the 1 million Dorner reward?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not sure what to expect, but the result, one way or other, will be telling about those offering the reward.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Is that taxpayer money they are pledging as the reward? How generous of them! Why not give everyone $1m!

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I doubt it.

I wonder what the innocent citizens shot up by over zealous jackboots lacking self control will get.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    More than that hopefully. And it should come out of the pension fund.

It most definitely should come out of the pension fund.

So the citizens are the police officers' boss until the citizens' employee screws up. At that point you advocate taking the money from the citizens' other employees to pay for the mistake. If your co-worker messes up, does your boss take it out of your pension?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm interested in the logic. What does it have to do with the other several thousand officers tied into that pension fund who didn't do anything wrong? To me, this screams of "do that to them, but not to me."

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So the citizens are the police officers' boss until the citizens' employee screws up. At that point you advocate taking the money from the citizens' other employees to pay for the mistake. If your co-worker messes up, does your boss take it out of your pension?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm interested in the logic. What does it have to do with the other several thousand officers tied into that pension fund who didn't do anything wrong? To me, this screams of "do that to them, but not to me."

In my mind it is a way to make the police, police themselves to a degree. Kind of like in some boot camps, one person fails, everyone pays the price for that failure. I know it is not feasible and would punish to many of the innocent, but maybe those innocent would speak up and demand more of their coworkers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Interesting post about the wording of the reward. Dead body, no reward, not "fair", the maids still did their part and reported what they knew...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    In my mind it is a way to make the police, police themselves to a degree. Kind of like in some boot camps, one person fails, everyone pays the price for that failure. I know it is not feasible and would punish to many of the innocent, but maybe those innocent would speak up and demand more of their coworkers

I can understand that. But say you work for a company of 10,000 employees. If a couple guys do something really stupid, do you feel that you should be financially on the hook for it? How would you speak up and demand more of your 10,000 coworkers? You've likely never met the couple guys who made the really stupid mistake.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I can understand that. But say you work for a company of 10,000 employees. If a couple guys do something really stupid, do you feel that you should be financially on the hook for it? How would you speak up and demand more of your 10,000 coworkers? You've likely never met the couple guys who made the really stupid mistake.
    Very good point and the problem with that scenario as well.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The body was alive when they cornered him after the maid's tip. The reward was earned before LAPD killed him. IANAL, but I play one on :ingo:.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I work on equipment that can get people killed. If I'm negligent, I can get operators killed or seriously injured. I may or may not be financially liable but my employer sure the hell is. My actions affect the livelihood of a few thousand people. If my negligence causes an injury or death, you can rest assured the full weight of OSHA and other bureaucracies will reign down on my employer. The costs could put my employer out of business and a few thousand people out of work. A cop ****s up, the taxpayers get the bill and the agency goes on like nothing ever happened.

Top Bottom