• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I advertised a handgun for sale on another board. Stated price plus shippment to your FFL like I always do. Said I could maybe do F2F in Indiana. Guy PMs me wanting FTF with UPS,whatever that means. I got his number and called him. He's four states away. He wanted to send me a CHECK for half the amount, Then I send him the gun, he send me a M O for the balance on reciept of the gun. Am I foolish to let a deal like this pass me by? Was Ibeing set up for rip-off, arrest, or both?

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    SOUNDS KINDA DUMB

i don't know anyone who would even consider a meet like that.i would just stick to the Hoosier INGO guys.or do ffl transfers only.no half up front and half when i receive it.that would probably make me a little nervous.... just my :twocents:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Whether it's a set up or not it would be illegal.
    Had a guy jerk me around for over a week on another board. Wanted to propose all kinds of weird deals and meets. Wanted me to drive 500 miles to meet him halfway! told him I'd only ship to his FFL at the listed price and no more bs'ing around. Never heard from him again.
    Bob

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    wow...I think I had the same guy try to buy a gun from me!!! But he said he wanted to send me a certfied check, then once the check clears he would arrange for "his shipping agent" to contact me and make arrangements for shipment....

I told him I would accept paypal or a postal money order only and that I would give him the shipping amount at the time of purchase so he could send along that as well...
    he responds telling me he needs my full name, middle initial, home address (no PO box) and my home phone number so he could mail me a certified check...

I replied with same response again...

once again he responds asking for all my personal info...

I figure he was looking to get some info to get a loan or a new credit card in my name...told him to either reply with an understanding that he would now be paying by postal money order only or he needed to look elsewhere - never heard from him again

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I had a guy offer me 250 bucks I was asking 750 or best offer. Contacted me about a hour later and wanted to know if he had the best offer. I told him I only had his offer so far, he demanded I sell it to him at that price because he made the best offer....LOL

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I just saw on another site that this guy's home state requires a "permit to purchase" for pistols. It gets curioser and curioser.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    its-a-trap.jpg

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    It seems even honest(?) guys want some stupid, out of the way complicated method for any sales. You could put Gen Patton's Colt 45 for sale and some jerk would ask if you'd take $50 for it!

WoodWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Don't be foolish, I would only accept payment in full. I wouldn't like being ripped off by a jerk four states away. And it is always good to meet the person buying,
    it is good to know who he is.

Top Bottom