• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We are starting our neighborhood foot patrol this week. I love community policing.
    jackboots2.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like the entire department has been disbanded. It also looks like their corruption went all the way back to their inception.
    "You can't even get them to answer a call because normally they're writing tickets," said Thomas Martin, chief investigator for the Crittenden County Sheriff's Office. "They're not providing a service to the citizens."Now the police chief has disbanded his force "until things calm down," a judge has voided all outstanding police-issued citations and sheriff's deputies are asking where all the money from the tickets went. With 174 residents, the city can keep seven police officers on its rolls but missed payments on police and fire department vehicles and saw its last business close its doors a few weeks ago.
    "You can't even buy a loaf of bread, but we've got seven police officers," said former resident Larry Harris, who left town because he said the police harassment became unbearable.
    Maybe the town will be smart and won't allow them to come back.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And the hits just keep on coming.

WEST MEMPHIS, AR - A man shot by cops inside a small town courtroom in Arkansas will soon be charged with battery on a police officer according to the West Memphis City Prosecutor. The shooting happened two weeks ago in Jericho.
    Fire chief Don Payne was arguing a traffic ticket, and got into an argument with officers. One of the officers shot Payne in the back. West Memphis City Prosecutor Lindsey Fairley says none of the police officers will be charged.

Fairley says Payne went after officers, and the officers had every right to detain Payne.

Payne says he was not armed, and that the officer pushed him. That's when Payne says he shoved the officer back.

One of the police officers shot Payne, a bullet also grazed one of the officer's hands. Fairley says Payne tried to beat up the officers.

Payne has hired a lawyer. That lawyer says they haven't decided if they will file a civil lawsuit against the officer. Payne is still recovering at The MED.

This is a fairly typical attempt to stave off a civil suit. It'll likely turn into a "We'll drop the charges against you, if you don't sue us for trying to kill you" deal.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Things have ratcheted up a notch.

All of Jericho's 18 firefighters have quit in a move to stand by a former assistant fire chief who was shot by an officer at city hall on Aug. 27 and then fired by the mayor last week, according to WREG-TV.
    Last week the local police chief disbanded his force after an uproar in reaction to the shooting, leaving the rural town of 174 residents without any public safety members.
    The former assistant chief, Don Payne, is on crutches after the shooting during a scuffle with police about a speeding ticket.
    Payne wouldn't talk to the news station about the incident, but says he is on his way to a full recovery.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get some justice. What would you rather do without? Cops or Firemen?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    this one cop did something foolish, so i say we get rid of ALL cops. forever. on a serious note though, as i was reading this, nwa came on my itunes. you know which song. oh the irony.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. That particular department had engaged in a lot of egregious behaviour. They ran a ticket mill and wrote tickets outside their jurisdiction routinely. It appears to be a case of an entire department that went rogue. That's one of the reasons the chief disbanded them. He wanted to avoid anymore trouble. They really had no reason to shoot the fire chief, given the numbers they had. Not all cops everywhere are bad, but there sure are a lot of bad cops. I see multiple stories every day from a wide variety of places about cops gone wild. You want to see what a bad department looks like? The Kolts Report on LA told us a story of corruption, theft and even what looked like serial murder by police officers. Not all cops are bad, but as a profession they have more than their fair share of bad apples and tend to get away with a lot more than other professions. There's a lot the profession needs to do to gain the public's trust. Shoot, I'm sure some of our resident leos are pretty nice guys. Denny seems nice enough. But, as a collective....

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Nope. That particular department had engaged in a lot of egregious behaviour. They ran a ticket mill and wrote tickets outside their jurisdiction routinely. It appears to be a case of an entire department that went rogue. That's one of the reasons the chief disbanded them. He wanted to avoid anymore trouble. They really had no reason to shoot the fire chief, given the numbers they had. Not all cops everywhere are bad, but there sure are a lot of bad cops. I see multiple stories every day from a wide variety of places about cops gone wild. You want to see what a bad department looks like? The Kolts Report on LA told us a story of corruption, theft and even what looked like serial murder by police officers. Not all cops are bad, but as a profession they have more than their fair share of bad apples and tend to get away with a lot more than other professions. There's a lot the profession needs to do to gain the public's trust. Shoot, I'm sure some of our resident leos are pretty nice guys. Denny seems nice enough. But, as a collective....

i dont know that they have more than their fair share. i think its more because whenever a cop does something stupid its more newsworthy. theyre under a microscope. cops are people just like you and i after all. badges dont make people perfect. but they do have authority, and some people just cant handle that. theres no way to really gauge how power will change a person beforehand either.

lol <3 NWA!

as do i. especially that song. which is strange, because, technically im a cop. i also hate snitching. and after my army days, id like to become a po-lice. ill probably end up crooked. :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom