You have got to love the Irish...LMAO...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Sheesh...am i the only Irish-Irish Irish guy in here? lol

You have to remember that the "Irish-Irish" only got screwed-around by the English. The Scots-Irish (or Ulster Scots or Ulstermen, as you prefer) had got the treatment by the English while they were in Scotland, and then got another dose from the English and the Irish-Irish after the "Plantation" to Ulster. It's no wonder that such a large percentage of Washington's army were Scots-Irish. They'd been wanting to do some serious ass-kicking for several generations!

Having said that, though, I'm still wondering about my many-times-great grandfather who came over in 1719. He was supposedly from Westmeath, which is a far piece from Ulster. Maybe he decided to throw in with the Scots-Irish when he got to Virginia. Probably a social climber! ;)

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Just a cool little fact about Ireland....did you guys know the entire country of Ire is smaller than the state of Indiana?

Ireland is only 300 miles top to bottom and 200 miles across.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You have to remember that the "Irish-Irish" only got screwed-around by the English. The Scots-Irish (or Ulster Scots or Ulstermen, as you prefer) had got the treatment by the English while they were in Scotland, and then got another dose from the English and the Irish-Irish after the "Plantation" to Ulster. It's no wonder that such a large percentage of Washington's army were Scots-Irish. They'd been wanting to do some serious ass-kicking for several generations!

Having said that, though, I'm still wondering about my many-times-great grandfather who came over in 1719. He was supposedly from Westmeath, which is a far piece from Ulster. Maybe he decided to throw in with the Scots-Irish when he got to Virginia. Probably a social climber! ;)

Here is a neat little clip you may enjoy. When Ireland found out that there were a number of scots-irish in the US that were re-discovering their roots they put together a sort of musical documentary that played throughout the South and up into the Ohio Valley. Here is a little clip and the song that gal sings brings a tear to my eye everytime.

"Go my son may God's hand guide you
    Grace and Fortune walk beside you
    Faith and courage strong inside you
    All of my love goes with you."

Scots Irish ballad written during the Great Migration to the America's

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8FRVIXQizA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05z5ZXKHKbY[/ame]

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Here is a neat little clip you may enjoy. When Ireland found out that there were a number of scots-irish in the US that were re-discovering their roots they put together a sort of musical documentary that played throughout the South and up into the Ohio Valley. Here is a little clip and the song that gal sings brings a tear to my eye everytime.

"Go my son may God's hand guide you
    Grace and Fortune walk beside you
    Faith and courage strong inside you
    All of my love goes with you."

Scots Irish ballad written during the Great Migration to the America's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8FRVIXQizA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05z5ZXKHKbY

Those are great! Thanks for posting! :yesway:

Top Bottom