You have $500 for a used .45. What would you get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Under $500 a glock 21, the m&p 45 isnt bad either but less capacity.

Either that of the G30. That's quite a punch is a small but nice shooting gun. .40s are generally easy to find now days and are still as good an EDC as ever. Improvements in 9mm didn't decrease the effectiveness of .40. Also, during the last big ammo shortage, it was .40 that was commonly available long after 9mm shooters had to cut back on how much they shot.

But since this is a .45 thread, I'll mention the G30 again. Hard to find a 10+1 round .45 that's both easy to shoot and easy to conceal.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Never held one. Waiting for a Smith Rebate card to arrive, and saving a few pennies! No not .45 long Colt, and I wasn't saying that .40 is diminished, just that 9 is doing a far better job of being a larger hole these days thanks to ammo development.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Never held one. Waiting for a Smith Rebate card to arrive, and saving a few pennies! No not .45 long Colt, and I wasn't saying that .40 is diminished, just that 9 is doing a far better job of being a larger hole these days thanks to ammo development.

The outdoorsman Shop in Greenwood has a PPQ 45 in stock.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Price felt high for a LGS, but they have always had wiggle room in thier pricing. I think it was $619, may be wrong though. I just glanced at it and noticed it was a 45.

If if nothing else you could hold one.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ill probably **** someone off but I'm not saying buy a new one. Due to health resrictions I "had" the XDs 45 4" for last couple years and couldnt have been happier for the money. Light, accurate, thin, with a 6rnd mag with mag ext great grip, and 4" is just enough to stop the real snappy recoil. I really miss that gun and its only been gone 3wks. Im a thin guy and had a owb & iwb holster and could wear it daily either way without issue. Like I said I wouldnt buy a new one just because Springfield execs are douche bags but for under $500 its definitely worth the search for a good used one. Great edc imho.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Final decision will be made at 1500, 1 week from Friday. Need to try different fits and see what I like best. Unless someone offers me a killer deal or has a great used gun deal, probably order online!

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Hate to say this after all my looking and everyone's advice, but I have been looking for a replacement for my EDC and stumbled across something I'd rather replace it with than buying a .45 right now. It will cost me about the same amount of money as the .45s I have looked at. Thanks to Gary at BG Firearms for passing the CZickness to me, I now want a CZ P-01 Omega, and no one has one.
    I have also decided that when I go .45, it will be either a Sig P227, M&P 2.0 or Sig 320 Carry, or possibly an XD 2.0 if I found a good deal on one. I did look at Glocks and they don't fit me well at all. Now if I could just try that 97B....

Top Bottom