• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krainw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Wow! Just Wow! Students used to be taught how to think. These students have clearly only been taught what to think, and have no idea how to use their brains to form even a complete sentence, let alone an actual argument in support of their view. My 15 year old is far more articulate and way more informed.

vanillagorilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    central Indy
    Taught by radical hippies that were teens in the 60's. They have no idea what sacrifice is. They are the same ones that think the government has money. (My money)

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Say "like" one more time. I dare ya. No, I double dare ya.

I wonder how much time could be saved in just like one semester just by like eliminating the unnecessary use of the word like from like every sentence?

:facepalm:

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    This is our future.....really....I may eat my gun.......:):

That's IT!! Edible guns! Cure world hunger and promote self defense at the same time.

Seriously ... We all have to find a compromise between living in the world as it is, and the world we would like it to be.

The idea of a world without violence, without greed, without weapons is a great ideal. I hope we get there someday.

The world as it is, is much less than ideal. There are people who would gladly kill you.

Many young people have been raised in a cocoon of safety.. As parents, we try to protect our children. We try not to make them too cynical. Childhood is to be enjoyed. it takes a while to get burned. Some people never get burned.

I think we're looking here at a bunch of kids who haven't learned what it's like to be a victim. For them, it's still an academic exercise .. a 'concept'.

Any time you're talking to young students, you're going to get some naive attitudes .. That's not a bad thing. What are we without ideals?

So I'll cut them some slack for sounding stupid and naive. I was stupid and naive once too. Life will teach them.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/ame]

I'm gonna go bang my head on the wall for awhile, and pray for the future of my son.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    What do you expect from our students who are indoctrinated by school systems from kindergarten through college? Of course, remember, too, that a lot of these people are diehard liberals until they get out into the real world and have to pay taxes. Once that happens many tend to snap back into reality.

How does the old saying go?
    If you're young and not a liberal, you're heartless.
    If you're old and not a conservative, you're brainless.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    "I took a self defense class last semester..."

I can't even...I don't even...I...what?

Yep, She's probably too ignorant to realize that none of that "self-defense" crap will work against a full-grown man, well it would probably work on the guys in that video but my point stands.

I think the biggest problem with academics is that they think they know everything about everything. This is impossible. However, they're arrogant enough to believe it to be true, and the believe that they're opinion hold more weight because of their academic pedigree.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is sad. These students have strong opinions without the facts. This is very unfortunate. This is what we are up against. We have to expose them to the truth so that they can have informed opinions. Unfortunately, their minds will soon be closed to any differing opinions, if they aren't closed already. They aren't even aware that firearms are a right, not a privilege. They aren't aware of the fact that self protection is a right and responsibility of each person. God help us.

Let's not pretend that "conservatives" are well-informed about every issue on which they hold strong opinions.

Top Bottom