• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I like shooting handguns, but rifle is by far my favorite.

Same here. I am not the best shot with a handgun, but I do pretty well with a long gun. Just not as easy to conceal in the back pocket for some reason. Eventually I am going to pickup a Sub2000 in Glock 17 magazine configuration for my truck gun. To get myself home, I would not feel undergunned with that full of 124 grain Corbons or 147 grain Winchesters.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Guns all serve different purposes and I love the different aspects of shooting. Shooting skeet would be hard with pistol, a 7mm Mag rifle is overkill at 20m, and a shotgun is not effective out to 1000m. So I choose all of the above.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    More a rifle person myself but not sure why. Like the challenge of hitting a target from far away ...

I'm a long gun guy. Nothing matches the satisfaction of knowing you just hit on target over 200yrds away with a bullet smaller around than a dime...

Like the challenge of hitting a target from far away and knowing you just hit on target over 200yrds away with a bullet smaller around than a dime so that is why I enjoy handguns the most. (scoped Contender :D )

Bucky

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Oh, I forgot, rifle over handgun.

Wasn't it Col. Jeff Cooper that said "A handgun is what you use to fight your way back to the gun you should have had with you in the first place." ??

Yes it was, and I agree. I'm mostly a rifle person. They are what I started with and am more accurate with generally. Although I am getting more into handguns. Mostly I'm an equal opportunity shooter. :draw:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have always been a handgun and shotgun guy. They are more practical for my purposes. I am slowing starting to get into rifle shooting.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I am mostly a handgun guy, but that may be because I shoot them so much more than longguns. However, after getting my first "battle/black rifle" I may be changing my mind some.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The adverse effects of my general state of over-caffeination are much harder to overcome with a handgun.;)

I enjoy shooting rifles more but I devote more practice to handgunning because that is likely all I will have immediately at hand when I need it.

Top Bottom