• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Sorry no video , but driving out yesterday and my wife say's look at that nasty dog in the road.. then another and then another, 4 total when we reach up where it was they are running full tilt towards the neighbors free-range chickens.. er lunch.. about 1 in the afternoon. Thought it was strange for them to hit chickens that time of day. The yotes came out of a cornfield crossed the road and about 150ft of open ground to where the chickens were.. Then disappeared into the weeds with lunch in tow...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry no video , but driving out yesterday and my wife say's look at that nasty dog in the road.. then another and then another, 4 total when we reach up where it was they are running full tilt towards the neighbors free-range chickens.. er lunch.. about 1 in the afternoon. Thought it was strange for them to hit chickens that time of day. The yotes came out of a cornfield crossed the road and about 150ft of open ground to where the chickens were.. Then disappeared into the weeds with lunch in tow...

It's called "Carry Out"

When we hunt Yotes chicken is the bait.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Dang, I never worry about coyotes in the daytime. We have both ducks and chickens foraging. We did see a LOT of coyotes on our trail cams the past year.

.... but I learned on INGO that coyotes don't really prey on chickens. So I won't worry and you must be imagining things ;)

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    neighbor call bout a month ago said someone had seen a coyote that had one of his small calves down by the road and got out and took a shot at the yote. he said yotes killed 2 calves last winter. i couldnt get a day off to set traps so i called a buddy and asked him to take his caller and see what he could do. he killed a large healthy male on the first trr an the killin has stopped. i trapped 15 yotes within 1/4 mile of these cows last jan. dang yotes

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    At our weekend place my son has been known to tie up a cat I mean chicken in the lower field to use as bait....

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Last fall, I saw a large yote cross keystone at 71st street at 1:30 in the afternoon. He waited for traffic like a school kid. Looked both ways and crossed. Worked his way back into the creek bed, I'm guessing.

They are EVERYWHERE.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    neighbor call bout a month ago said someone had seen a coyote that had one of his small calves down by the road and got out and took a shot at the yote. he said yotes killed 2 calves last winter. i couldnt get a day off to set traps so i called a buddy and asked him to take his caller and see what he could do. he killed a large healthy male on the first trr an the killin has stopped. i trapped 15 yotes within 1/4 mile of these cows last jan. dang yotes

Don't know how donkeys get along with cattle, but have friend got one to share the space with her goats. No yote problems.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Last Sept., I had one walk along my pasture as I was mowing it in my tractor in broad daylight. I couldn't believe it. I went around and it was still slowly walking along. Sadly, when I got out to shoot it my PTO shut off and spooked it. It ran into the beans and was gone.

Coyote.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had an Ingo member call me this spring and say he was looking at a couple of yotes....in the Coke field by the 500. I have stated in here that they are close to us and have been spotted in the creek beds within a block. He said he was skeptical until now.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They make really good test subjects for cast bullets. This one was hit with a Lyman 452651 from the front quarter, at 70 yards. Didn't slow down much.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Update: The neighbor has now put up a fenced in area and bought more chickens, its maybe a 4' tall chain link fence, so I am sure the yotes wont see that as much of a barrier... been hearing yotes a howling at night now, 1st time all summer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Update: The neighbor has now put up a fenced in area and bought more chickens, its maybe a 4' tall chain link fence, so I am sure the yotes wont see that as much of a barrier... been hearing yotes a howling at night now, 1st time all summer.

A hungry and ambitious Yote will find a way over/under or through about anything.

Varmint Killer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    Brazil
    Me and my Hunting Partner Kills Coyotes all day long, when we are calling they hear the dinner bell and com a running if they are hungry they are hunting, everything they can sink their teeth into is fair game

Top Bottom