• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ironic, since there's a better than even chance that churches may be terrorist targets.

[shrug]

Even if he feels that way, probably better not to advertise it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Many churches or their officials advocate non-constitutionally-compliant positions. (As well as many of their congregations). This is nothing new. It's in Washington DC for heaven's sake. Finding folks to support 2A in the northeast would be news worthy.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    "An ordained Episcopal priest, Hall presides over an institution that Congress has designated as the National House of Prayer."

Oh, well in that case. Yawn. Yawn.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Along the same line of thought, My son works at a Home Depot and a group of Amish came in and bought 6, 14 gun security cabinets. Later a friend of his came into the store and was telling him of a group of Amish that came into the LGS and just about cleaned them out on long guns. Perhaps they know somthing we don't.

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    Reverend-- first off he needs to look up what Reverend means. ( One worthy to be Reverenced. ) There is no human on earth worthy of that. But so many call themselves Reverends. So many want to be so bad and should stick to what they were only told to do here and tell the good news and not try to cause strife and arguments and stick their nose in areas they have no business in and try to get power where they have none. Sounds as though he needs a whole lot of prayer himself/

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Just remember.... Religion is a billion dollar a year business.. most tax free. I'm riding the gray line here on INGO so I'll stop there..

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There has always been some churches that are liberal in thinking and politics and are anti-gun....there have always been churches more conservative and pro gun.....been to alot of churches, talked to alot of different pastors.....never met a pastor that was anti-gun. But go ahead and panic and hate the churches....probably already did anyway would be my opinion.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Many people of faith stopped listening to liberal (theologically, and in this case apparently, politically), "ministers" long ago. They treat the Word as just another self-help book and regard their God as impotent rather than omnipotent....that Mr. Hall would take this position does not surprise me.

...and I apologize if that flies right over the line.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Now it will be the churches working against gun owners. And people wonder why so many of us tout the separation of church and state. There should be no such thing as a national cathedral.

National Cathedral Dean Rev. Gary Hall Advocates Gun Control

Ironically, two of the disciples carried swords for self defense.

Additionally, my pastor carries a concealed handgun in church.
    And has no problem with people carrying for protection.

So don't paint ALL churches with an anti-gun brush.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Many people of faith stopped listening to liberal (theologically, and in this case apparently, politically), "ministers" long ago. They treat the Word as just another self-help book and regard their God as impotent rather than omnipotent....that Mr. Hall would take this position does not surprise me.

...and I apologize if that flies right over the line.

You nailed it.
    The Reverend had to quote John the Baptist to support his position. The man, Jesus the Christ, did not focus his time and attention on political or even social issues of the day.
    That being said, this man and any group of like minded Christians, have the right to throw their support behind any political issue they wish. Calling yourself a Christian does not erase your right to participate in politics.

Top Bottom