• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    ^^^ I did that. Cleaned your windows and asked if you wanted your oil checked too.
    When I was a kid, the local station used to give a free Matchbox car after so many fill ups. Always loved going to the station with Dad....especially when the points hit the "free car" level....Going in and picking out a car with Dad is still a special memory

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Got to just sit around a fire this weekend amd spend some time thinking about that for which I am thankful.

Heading into what I think is the most wonderful time of the year. Cool days. Cold nights.

It is when I think even more about my Dad, Grandfather, and folks of those times even more so than other times of the year.

I'm blessed to be looking forward to some deer hunting soon. Bird hunting too. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Some evenings and nights just hanging by the fire with the better half.

Appreciate these days as they turn into yesterdays.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    1676768359116.jpeg

Got to hang out with a favorite buddy.

Also got to stock an old truck a plumbing friend keeps running. He's got the typical van crap going, but keeps this one going on jobs.

I can stock an old truck...pulling parts based on numbers. Love doing it!

I am the absolute last guy you would want showing up for a plumbing job.

The guy running the business is the absolute opposite of me when it comes to plumbing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    View attachment 256646

Got to hang out with a favorite buddy.

Also got to stock an old truck a plumbing friend keeps running. He's got the typical van crap going, but keeps this one going on jobs.

I can stock an old truck...pulling parts based on numbers. Love doing it!

I am the absolute last guy you would want showing up for a plumbing job.

The guy running the business is the absolute opposite of me when it comes to plumbing.
    That looks like a fine old truck. And the dog looks like he is guarding it. "You touches my truck, I bites you ***."

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That looks like a fine old truck. And the dog looks like he is guarding it. "You touches my truck, I bites you ***."
    She is the most gentle girl one could ever come across....until there is trouble.

Another story for another day, but she introduced a pos thug to jail.

She is much more kind to thugs than I am.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Yep.

After we were married and in our first house, my better half asked me one day how I learned to do some of the things I was doing around the place.

I hadn't thought about it much, but I soon realized that when I was that little kid hanging around the old guys and holding a flashlight, turning a wrench, setting up a jig, etc etc there was a hell of a lot of education going on.
    I wish I had listened to my dad and let him teach me to be a machinist…

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I didn’t get to grow up in the world you guys did, but it was still a lot simpler in comparison to today. I miss the riding in the back of dads pickup with a buddy. I miss actually going to a friends house to talk to them instead of just messaging them, I miss sitting around playing monopoly and hanging out without anybody staring at their phone the entire time, I miss eating cereal while watching Saturday morning cartoons and getting dressed jumping on my bike and having to be home when the street lights came on.
    Same here. Not really old as I am in my early-mid twenties, but even we did things that would be unimaginable today. One of my favorite memories was my cousin taking me with a bunch of friends to play army with airsoft guns in a farmer's woods that was next to the suburbs. Hell, I don't think I was ever back home before the stars came out during the summer.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Same here. Not really old as I am in my early-mid twenties, but even we did things that would be unimaginable today. One of my favorite memories was my cousin taking me with a bunch of friends to play army with airsoft guns in a farmer's woods that was next to the suburbs. Hell, I don't think I was ever back home before the stars came out during the summer.
    You guys have made me laugh out load with my own memories from much more than half a century ago! (Did I really just say that?) Well anyway, me and my buddies used to play army: dig fox holes, build tree forts, on the ground forts and occasionally used tree Y branches to make slingshots and use wet “mud balls” as “artillery”. If any Karen or Ken or other woke libtard saw us doing that today our parents would be at the mercy of Indiana Child Services and probably even locked up! Notwithstanding the “occasional” casualties, we all survived and thrived. God Bless America then and Now! :starwars:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You guys have made me laugh out load with my own memories from much more than half a century ago! (Did I really just say that?) Well anyway, me and my buddies used to play army: dig fox holes, build tree forts, on the ground forts and occasionally used tree Y branches to make slingshots and use wet “mud balls” as “artillery”. If any Karen or Ken or other woke libtard saw us doing that today our parents would be at the mercy of Indiana Child Services and probably even locked up! Notwithstanding the “occasional” casualties, we all survived and thrived. God Bless America then and Now! :starwars:
    We used to use frog grenades - you take a fire cracker and shove it up a frogs butt, light and throw it at the enemy. A good shot right over their fort was great fun.

This was back when fire crackers were real - not the wannabes they sell now..

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Dirt clot wars. Had plenty of those. Built my fair share of forts as well. My group of friends in middle and early high school lived miles from each other and yet every weekend we managed to all meet up on bikes and get up to something. During the summer we were together most days up to something.

By freshman year a close group of 6 of us had earned enough parental trust to bike from Columbus Indiana to Brown county park to camp without adults. Good times. Early 1990s.

All without cell phones lol

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    We used to use frog grenades - you take a fire cracker and shove it up a frogs butt, light and throw it at the enemy. A good shot right over their fort was great fun.

At boy scout camp we made bottle rocket launchers(tin can and a stick)and had battles on the lake while paddling canoes. My dad was the enabler providing hundreds of rockets lol.

Few minor burns but no one ever complained much. It was just a bunch of early teen boys being boys.

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI

Reminds me of a lawn mower shop that used to sell fireworks in my area. Somehow they always got some of the coolest stuff. My mom's favorite was a very fast flying capsule that would take off in random directions and have the same explosive power of a Super 88 (almost double the power of an M-80). She also went in one time and found a basket ball size mortar that had to be loaded in an underground tube. They unfortunately haven't sold fireworks for over a decade.

Top Bottom