• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    If you are on this forum, and are in cody, go to the firearms museum. Really the whole museum complex is worth seeing.
    Their hours of 9a-6p killed it for me. Day one in Cody we left the hotel by 430a to catch sunrise on the drive in to the Lamar Valley.

Lucky. The closest we saw of the bears was tracks and poo.
    We count ourselves VERY lucky. My wife was within 50 feet, they were below the roadway and already a huge crowd there.

FYI for those going soon. A landslide has completely severed the Teton Pass Highway/WY 22 about 11 miles west of Jackson. TPH is the main way into Jackson from the west, especially coming in from Idaho Falls. The shortest detour is 85 miles from Victor to Jackson and takes 1.5 to 2 hrs depending on traffic

No impact on those coming in through MT and staying near Yellowstone. We usually fly into IDA and drive to and base out of Jackson, it's a bit further to Teton and Yellowstone but is a nice walkable town with plenty of good restaurants at all price points. Going in and out of IDA is cheaper and easier than the alternatives to boot

Beyond the direct impact on travel and commerce coming into the area to and from the west there will be an impact on the help at hotels and restaurants in Jackson. The whole highway for about 100 feet went down the hillside, it's going to be a long, slow fix

Also a white Bison with black nose, eyes and hooves was just born in Yellowstone, beware of Ghostdancers
    Ironically we never considered Idaho and after hearing about how busy the West entrance is, I'm glad.

We flew Southwest to Bozeman, changed planes in Denver both ways. $1740 for all 4 of us, but we booked it back in October.

I had to call to get a receipt for the rental car, I knew it was going on a license plate hold when we turned it in (temp tags expired two days after we picked it up). They gave me a $50 discount for having to call in to get my bill released - so now it was  well below a grand for an Escalade for 9 days...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I left out - the roads inside the National Parks are not mapped out for Super Cruise nor are inside any towns.

But on the interstates, the twisty two lanes, and all other roads, it does great!

Set it to 79 on a two lane with a 70mph limit and she'll slow down to 53 (or whatever) that sharp mountain curve calls for...a bit nerve racking when you start using it, but I warmed up to it. The wife was a hot mess when she was using it though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I left out - the roads inside the National Parks are not mapped out for Super Cruise nor are inside any towns.

But on the interstates, the twisty two lanes, and all other roads, it does great!

Set it to 79 on a two lane with a 70mph limit and she'll slow down to 53 (or whatever) that sharp mountain curve calls for...a bit nerve racking when you start using it, but I warmed up to it. The wife was a hot mess when she was using it though.
    I think I'd be with your wife. :): I don't even use "regular" cruise control. Mostly because anywhere in the Indy area, the interstates are too busy to set the cruise. I could see it being handy out west (regular cruise).

I don't want to give up control to my car. I really don't even like the anti-skid feature on my 2011 Hyundai. It's tried to kill me before. :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom