• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    i live in fort wayne home of some of the worst drivers this country has to offer.....no such thing as turn signals.....waving to someone for letting them in....common courtsy. I want to lean out the windown and put some .45acp HPs and FMJ through all sorts of windows......the white kids with the speakers that shake my car and **** me off.......The gangsters who drive like they stole it.....which they problly did. Old people and stupid women who wont quit multi tasking while driving.........They can talk on the phone and put on make up and kill someone?????? BUT i get introuble for shooting a gang banger drug dealer OR SOME POS PERSON WHO HAS BECOME THE SKID MARK ON THE UNDERPANTS OF SCOCIETY.

I think my 1992 Cobra mustang needs a Ma Duce mounted on the hood......

:ar15::ar15::ar15:
    :biggun:

Anyone ever hear that song
    Die mother****** by a band named Dope.......yea......

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    do you think this is a proper way to behave?
    this is a good example of one of many problems with this country...management lets the customer do whatever they want.

dont want to stand in line? dont go to walmart! dont like feeling achey, bloated or swollen? dont get preganant! you not feeling good isnt an excuse to be an *** to someone else.

:ranton:

Dunno if you are trolling or serious, but I'll bite.

Like it or not, we are in a "Service Economy". Most of the people employeed in the US are selling something to someone. If you want to keep your customers happy and have them paying for your goods and services, you had better do the little things to keep them walking in the doors.

One of the tenants of Wal Mart back in the day was that if there were more than three customers in line, they would open up a new register to get people checked out. Granted, this was when old man Walton was still alive and everything in the store was made in the USA.

I have been known to leave my goods at the register and buy what I needed elsewhere because too few registers were open. I asked one cashier at Meijer why they had so few registers open one evening, and she stated that they have more open during the day, but cut back around 4:00. I couldnt understand that whatsoever... Why have the floodgates open when mostly seniors and stay at home moms are shopping, but cut back your staff when the working stiffs have to get their stuff on the few hours they have off in the evening.

When I have crappy service I normally stop at the customer service desk and let someone know. (Happens mostly at Home Depot...) and I've tracked down managers and told them when an employee has been especially helpful also. (Like three times at Loew's)

BTW I am a the worlds best driver. I voice this fact loudly whenever I am on the road, and criticize every malcontent behind the wheel of a car unfortunate enough to be in my way. I inherited this from my dad, and I'm afraid I'll probably pass it down to any of my potential offspring. This last Friday I was almost, ALMOST home, very tired after a long week of work, and so very much looking forward to a rum and coke...when a minivan ahead of me just WOULDNT TURN RIGHT ON RED!!!! There is nobody coming!!! TURN ALREADY!!!!!

Lucky for her the horn in my car is on the fritz, or buddy, I would have let her have it...after she turned and I followed and pulled alongside, I could see she was about 16 years old and had a death grip on the wheel...obvously a new driver... Man I need to calm down sometimes.

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    This last Friday I was almost, ALMOST home, very tired after a long week of work, and so very much looking forward to a rum and coke...when a minivan ahead of me just WOULDNT TURN RIGHT ON RED!!!! There is nobody coming!!! TURN ALREADY!!!!!

Weirdly enough, there's a spot in Norman, Oklahoma where it's OK (and expected) to turn LEFT on red. I used to think I was the only one who had ever read the sign, until last Friday when the car in front of me didn't turn and the car behind me let 'em have it with the horn.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I like this thread. It is now my new list of people to not **** off. :rolleyes:

I don't really yell. Yeah, stupid drivers upset me too. What is yelling gonna do? I'll call them and idiot or a dumb *** under my breath. They can't hear you when you yell so what is the point? If they do hear you there is a chance they are gonna yell back. Then neither of you have your attention where it should be.

I think the last time I yelled at someone was when I caught three guys breaking in my neighbors shed at the beginning of the summer.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Yeah....I'm not really good about biting my tounge, to say the least. Once I feel as though I or someone around me has been disrespected, I tend to let it be known.

And let me tell you, if another Mother let my daughter stay out past curfew AND missed practice the next day, I would have flipped.

It was just last week I was at a gas station when 2 giggly teenage girls met me at the door. Both the girls were holding there shirts to their stomachs and talking back and forth. I could tell they had a bunch of crap under their shirts, and I figured it was stolen. I stood my butt in front of that door and said "You might want to think about putting that stuff back before you leave". The girls look at each other confused, and by this point the attendant up front was watching me. I might have been in the wrong but I grabbed the girls shirt and next thing you know, all kinds of candy, soda etc fell out. Idiots. They were pissed, and I wasn't about to let them yell at me the way they were....I put 'em in their place.

I feel you Annie, I feel you! lol

I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant when this happened.
    You know how when you go into a Wal-Mart and they have 3 lines open and about 20 people in each line. Well, this was one of those days. It had been a long day, my feet hurt, my ankles were swollen I only had to buy 3 items and i had already stood in line for 20 mins, when i spotted the store manager. I said, "Look mister, it is your job to run this store efficiently and this is not efficient. Now that you have wasted my time, I'm gonna waste you time. You are gonna stand in line with me until I get my stuff paid for. (he begins to stammer) I said stay!!! I growled. I don't think he wanted to mess with the pregnant woman that night. So we spend another 20 mins standing in line and when I finally did get up to pay for my stuff, the cashier rang up my order wrong. By this point I am mad as fire. The store manager is falling over himself to apologize, "Ma'am, I'm so sorry, I will personally take care of your refund... blah.. blah... " We get up to the customer service area and he opens up another register just for me and refunds my entire order, gave me my stuff for free, and gave me a $25 gift card.
    Sometimes giving someone the Whatfor pays.

I think I would have paid money to watch these two in action! Sometimes a semi-virtual ballbat is the only answer.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Illinois drivers are the worst drivers. I've yelled many times at them! If you have ever driven in Chi town, you know! :ugh:

See, this is funny, I totally disagree. Once you get used to driving up there, coming back here is way, way more frustrating. People in Indiana drive like complete idiots on expressways.

Anyway, back on topic. When I first read the title to the thread, I thought to myself, "Yelling at strangers, that's my favorite hobby!"

Sometimes I like to sit out in front of stores and yell made up words at people. That's what we're talking about, right? :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The only time I will yell at strangers or cop an attitude is when I have a keyboard to hide behind....;)

It pains me to agree with you... LOL! :D

I WANT to "yell" at people for doing stupid things. I really, really, really do. I'm a "rule follower" by nature, and to see people make a mockery of the way things are supposed to be can really irritate me at times.

And then I realize that this is 2009 and that I live in the Indianapolis-metro area. This is a "big city" with big city problems. I don't need some short fused and/or mentally unstable honyock to do something that they (or I) might regret. Sad commentary on today's society.

I think, though, that a "mom" type person, and/or a "grandparent" type person is much more effective at this type of thing than a 32 year old fat guy.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    One of my pet peeves is people that don't control their kids when out in public....I've had to give a few parents the "stink eye" at work, when their kids tried to climb the counter or ran around the lobby screaming like banshees, but I haven't actually yelled at anyone yet.

I came close the other day...pulling up at the Dollar General in town, there was a woman and her two kids walking out to her van...and her oldest was just going nuts. He was screaming and hitting her, and even jumped up and clocked her in the head once. She was completely ignoring him. I walked in the store and the cashiers were giggling, and I asked "Whats up with that kid?"

"His mom wouldn't buy him the toy he wanted!"

About that time the little hell spawn came screaming back into the store, grabbed a toy that was sitting next to the register, and tried to run back out of the store. His mom ran in behind him, took the toy back, and proceeded to ignore him as he screamed, pummeled her, and screeched what I can only imagine was "I hate you!" over and over again in Spanish.

She almost got yelled at....but I don't think she could have heard me over that kid.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Weirdly enough, there's a spot in Norman, Oklahoma where it's OK (and expected) to turn LEFT on red. I used to think I was the only one who had ever read the sign, until last Friday when the car in front of me didn't turn and the car behind me let 'em have it with the horn.

You cant turn left on red in Indiana? :D No really I was at an intersection where the two main lights were green but the left turn light was red but nobody was coming. Can you turn on that? lol

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    One of my pet peeves is people that don't control their kids when out in public....I've had to give a few parents the "stink eye" at work, when their kids tried to climb the counter or ran around the lobby screaming like banshees, but I haven't actually yelled at anyone yet.

Dude, I work in a restaurant. Now ok, I don't have kids, so I guess I don't really know where they're coming from, but seriously, if your child is a poorly behaved little ****, then maybe taking him to a nice(ish) sit down restaurant isn't the best idea.

The best part is, one screaming table effects all of our tip percentages. When I'm serving, I average for the month at about 22%, more so when I tend bar. When we're busy and there are screaming kids at tables nearby, my tips will drop down into the 15% range, and everyone at my tables are just pissed off looking. It's really not much fun at all, because I enjoy my job, it pays for school, and getting paid to sit and chitchat with people isn't a bad gig.

After all is said and done and the hellspawn leaves, I still get to clean up the tables in the end.

On another note, if your child cannot eat without getting food on the ceiling, perhaps taking them out isn't the best idea either.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm not sure why, perhaps I was traumatized as a child, but people who do not use turn signals and who do not stop at stop signs just make me very upset. I yell, but my windows are usually up.:D

I live on a corner lot with a stop sign. My usual lines when seeing someone rolling through the sign is "oh, come one, you can pretend to stop better than that.":D

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    i have driven in chi town.......ever been to fort wayne????? both cities need to be destroyed......bunch of bumble f****
    I've lived in FW, and regularly commute with a bunch of Ill. morons. Both horrible places to drive for different reasons. FW drivers NEVER signal and NEVER give you a sign that they are going to lock up the brakes to turn. FIPS (I'll let you figure that one out) ride the entire trip in the left lane, go 10 under the speed limit in the left lane, weave, and go 45 over in the right lane. FW drivers do suck, but at least they are predictable. Both make me want to travel with an SKS in the pass seat.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not sure why, perhaps I was traumatized as a child, but people who do not use turn signals and who do not stop at stop signs just make me very upset. I yell, but my windows are usually up.:D

I live on a corner lot with a stop sign. My usual lines when seeing someone rolling through the sign is "oh, come one, you can pretend to stop better than that.":D

I got ya one better Kirk, at my old house I lived at a 3 way stop sign, I used to sit on the sidewalk leading to the house and hold onto a rubber kickball. I was a good 95% accurate on being able to guess who was going to stop, slow or just blow the sign.

I'd just roll it out in front of them while I watched them helplessly hit the breaks thinking that they'd kill a kid running out.

Moved in there when I was 28 and lived there 14 years, all of my neighbors was in their late 50's early 60's and loved me for it, used to laugh themselves silly watching me torment these people. Made a lot of good friends there that I still keep in touch with today.

Still get asked if I got that rubber ball!:laugh:

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Hows about speaking to someone in a stern voice? my oldest son threw a fit in line at wal-mart when he was 3 and got his butt whacked,some women about my wifes age said she had never seen something like that before,wife informed her if she kept her nose in it she was next. He motto,put up with them acting like it at 3. You won't have polite young men at 13. It seems too me that too many people have either forgotten how or don't want to raise their children. What ever happened to foot to a$$? My parents din't put up with it why should I?

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I get yelled at all the time when I work at this one cross connect terminal in East Chicago, it's pretty weird.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wow, four pages and not a single mention of loud talkers on cell phones in public places?

About a year ago, "Blondie" and I were at the local Dead Lobster for a Friday evening out. We rarely get date night any more due to hectic work schedules and what-have-you. Mind you, this was prior to the economy really going in the tank, so we actually had to wait about 30-45 minutes to be seated. The entire lobby area was over flowing with waiting guests.

About two-thirds of the way through our very enjoyable dinner, the middle aged woman seated directly behind me finally decided to answer her phone, which apparently still had the ringer volume set so that she could hear it over the roar of a lawn mower. As she proceeds to answer the phone, already drawing the attention of the vast majority of patrons, it turns out that she may be hard of hearing, and thus compensates by talking into her phone as if she's giving a presentation and no megaphone was available.

After a minute or so of this, I just couldn't take it any longer. I looked up at "Blondie", obviously frustrated by the inconsiderate woman, and I continued our conversation.

"HEY HONEY, WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO GET SOME ICE CREAM WHEN WE LEAVE HERE? THERE'S A DAIRY QUEEN ON THE WAY HOME AND I'D LOVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE BLIZZARDS FOR DESERT!"

The worst part of the entire ordeal, was the young man still waiting to be seated for dinner. He was part of the over flow that was seated in the hallway, almost directly in front of me, and by this point he was nearly rolling on the floor in laughter. His reaction just encouraged my behavior that much more. Long story short, once "Blondie" came out of hiding from underneath the table, we paid for our meal and headed out for ice cream, but I felt much better about the situation, especially "knowing" that I wasn't the only patron unhappy about the selfish attitude of an inconsiderate woman on her phone, in a public restaurant, especially during dinner hours.

Moral of the story: Private conversations cease to exist when held in a public environment.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom