• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Did you compare buying that laser bullet to buying one of those SIRT Training pistols?

SIRT Performer Student 110 Glock 17 Replica Pistol : Non-Firing Replica Guns at GunBroker.com

I've been on the fence about buying one of the SIRT training pistols for a long while now so I'm just curious if had a reason to chose one over the other.

Kinda sorta. I glanced over it quite some time back when the laser bullet in .45 was out of stock, and I decided to just wait til it was available again because the selling point for me was that I can use it in my OWN gun. So everything seems exactly the same...because it IS the same.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wait ! What did you buy ? One for your Kimber or one in 9mm for YOUR Glock ? I am confused now... :):

Now I just hope you-know-who doesn't see this.... I wouldn't need to see that laser dancing all over my big screen as I'm trying to watch football !
    Oh, I'm texting for that one...

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE!!!!!!!! Just in time to torture hubby during football. I agree, the angels had it commin'. I swear one of them gave you the stink eye when you weren't looking.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I think those are cool devices but I am curious to get your thoughts on the possible unintended consequence of training your eyes to focus on the target instead of the front sight. After thousands of repetitions I would think your mind has your eyes looking for that dot on the wall instead of seeing where the front sight is when the trigger breaks.

Any concern on that?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I think those are cool devices but I am curious to get your thoughts on the possible unintended consequence of training your eyes to focus on the target instead of the front sight. After thousands of repetitions I would think your mind has your eyes looking for that dot on the wall instead of seeing where the front sight is when the trigger breaks.

Any concern on that?

I used a lazerlyte trainer for awhile, I even have a full size USPSA target with a photosensitive A zone that buzzes when you zap it with the laser.

With the buzzer, the inclination to look for your hit isn't as bad. It's still there, that's why I don't use the laser trainer anymore. (full disclosure, it's for sale in the classifieds)

If you can be brutally honest with yourself about where your sights are when the dry 'shot' breaks, you'll know whether the shot was good or not without the the laser. That ability to call your shots without looking for your hit is CRUCIAL if you want to be any good with a pistol.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    No concern about looking... The fact is, the halo of the dot is right on top of the front sight, so I know it's a hit right where I wanted it. At least with the gun I was using. The POA and POI might be a different mix in the other guns, but I haven't tried them all yet. I was having too much fun with one of my favorites.

I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE!!!!!!!! Just in time to torture hubby during football. I agree, the angels had it commin'. I swear one of them gave you the stink eye when you weren't looking.
    SEE?? I knew it!!

nice headshots.
    Yeah, I kinda got hollered at for yelling "BOOM! Head shot!"
    Well, at least when I shot Elvis. But I figured he's already dead... soooo... *shrugs*

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Cool! I've passed these by at Cabela's a few times (the laser, not Elvis :) ). Think I'll throw it in the basket on the next visit. :yesway:

I'm thinking this might be a decent tool for rough-aligning the laser in your laser grips before going to the range to sight them in. Just line up the two laser dots on the wall (one from the grips, and the other from the laser in the chamber).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    RIP angels and indians, you will be missed.

That does look neat though, i may have to check em out. Hope your getting a slice of the pie Jet

Top Bottom