• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yay... sighted in my "new to me" aimpoint on my M&P 15-22 (which is not the Aimpoints final resting place, my AR build is on hold until we close on a house) yesterday. Only out to whatever the max distance is @ Family Indoor Shooting Range (formerly known as Pop Guns Range, I guess the range is under separate management but Terry was still the one that checked me in?:dunno:)

Anyway.

I was happy to say that after three 25 round mags I got my Iron sights zerod and my Aimpoint zerod.

I took 3 slow fire shots out of the fourth mag I had pre loaded (see pic below) and then dumped 20 out of the remaining 22 rounds into a life size target of a groundhog.

Shooting from an unsupported standing position I was pretty impressed that I got 9/10 of the head shots rounds in and 9/10 of the mid area shots in with the Aimpoint at the fastest rate I thought I could get away with on the range without them getting mad at me (3 shots every 2 seconds or so).

Also ran about 4 mags through the 1911 and managed to get a little sloppy on my grip on one of the shots, left me with a nice "forgetmenot" which is still a little annoying even after trimming the loose skin off and cleaning it thoroughly. (pic at bottom).

Oh well, all in all it was +1 M&P15-22 with Aimpoint, -1 SSD for getting sloppy and letting the 1911 slide bite me!!

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0043-1.jpg

More pics of aimpoint setup by request:

IMAG0053.jpg

The dot isn't usually this intrusive but I was having a hard time between the flash reflection whiting out the aimpoint lens and not being able to see anything because it was too dark where I am storing my firearms so I cranked the dot to max.

IMAG0054-2.jpg

Last edited:

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I just got my aimpoint m4s mount on my Daniel Defense ar. Looking forward to getting out and sighting it in. Trying to figure out where on the rail I want it, so I've been playing with positions to figure that out.

Last edited:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Looks like fun! I like shooting at pop's. I need either a 22 conversion or some sort of 22AR to save money!

Glad you like your Aimpoint!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Nice pics. Your aim point is 1 X ?

Yes, but I just picked up a 3x magnifier for it. Helped me dial it in even tighter!

I shot a full 25 round mag through it basically as fast as I could pull the trigger yesterday that created about a 2" jagged hole in the middle of the target with a few holes punched down and to the right of the large hole. Maybe I'll post a pic later.

Looks like fun! I like shooting at pop's. I need either a 22 conversion or some sort of 22AR to save money!

Glad you like your Aimpoint!

Yeah, the M&P15-22 is fun fun fun. Much cheaper to shoot than my AK or SKS. Also giving me a good level of basic familiarity with the AR platform until I build my actual 5.56 AR.

The aimpoint is really fast to get on target and super easy to keep on target. I am really impressed.

Awesome! Looks good!

Yes. Most are.

Thanks!! I sure have had fun the last couple quickee outings....

I can't wait to get it somewhere I can stretch it's legs further than the 20 or 25 yards that PopGuns accomodates.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The magnifier will probably mess you up a bit. We all have a little bit (a lot?) of movement when holding a rifle off hand. The magnifier...well...magnifies it.

Try moving the scope back towards you. The closer to the stock, the less it will move.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The magnifier will probably mess you up a bit. We all have a little bit (a lot?) of movement when holding a rifle off hand. The magnifier...well...magnifies it.

Try moving the scope back towards you. The closer to the stock, the less it will move.

Yeah, this is great advice!!

This is why I have the magnifier mounted in the rearmost spot with the aimpoint right in front of it.

Sorry the pic I took here was actually before I took it to the range.

Oh, and I took it shooting again Wednesday and got it dialed in even tighter, Very pleased with the performance both with and without the 3x magnifier.

I thought I was going to be using the aimpoint for a bowling pin shoot this weekend but apparently no optics allowed....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom