• ...and so much more!
  • Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    738B.jpg

Since I'm sorta cool and stuff, I got a bonus check from work, so I decided to buy me a new .380 pocket rocket for the upcoming apocalypse.

Today I went to Beech Grove Firearms, because they are cool, and I looked at the KelTec P3AT, the Ruger LCP, and the Taurus 738TCP .

The KelTec felt like cheese-dickery in my hands. No.

The Ruger was OK, but it only came with one magazine, and its trigger felt like chunky monkey snot. Negatory.

The Taurus fit my massive but girlie-like delicate hands OK, has a nice trigger, two mags, and a groovy man-purse, so...I laid some cashola down for the Taurus, and hurried back home to be horrified at some of the early heinous reviews I found on the intardnets.

I'm such a douche...

Luckily, I found out that Taurus has good customer service, that my new pistol has the coveted "A" at the end of its serial number...indicating it is newer, more better and cooler than the old ones, and that Taurus got its feces in one container and fixed all the bugs.

I told the gentleman at BGFA that if the pistol sucked I would be back in and throw it at him.

He was scared.

Sorta.

I'll have a full review and range report for you people as soon as I have the strength, and it will be amazing...bordering on spectacular.

Maybe.

Last edited:

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    That's pretty funny man. I don't have one, but everything I read indicates Taurus has really worked hard to recover from their old reputation. I'll be anxious to read your review. Been looking at .380's, your review may help me make up my mind.

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I have had one for a few months now. I have put approx. 200 rounds through it with only a couple problems. After mine starts to get a little dirty the slide hasitates to go all the way forward. A little push and it gets over it. Has only happened a couple of times. Make sure you break it down, clean it, and work the slide several times before going to the range. I hope this helps you. Enjoy the gun.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Very nice review it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! LOL It is a nice looking gun, but it doesn't look much different than the 4 Jennings and 3 Ravens I have. Although there are measly 22's and 25's, I would prefer them in a .380 as well!

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have a 738 as well, and love it. I tried a p3at and a lcp before i got this one and the 738 blows the others away in my opinion. It feels better in my hand and is more comfortable to shoot. I did get one of the early models that had problems with the extractors, but sent it back in to Taurus and is all better now. It slings spent brass like no other gun I have ever seen. I bet it slings them 8 feet in the air and 10 feet to the side, so watch out.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Sorry to hear that you're a cheese-d...ed douche with girlie hands, but I think you've made a good choice on a pocket-rocket.

I once had a P3AT and gave the LCP a careful look, but now have a TCP and its a dandy. Very reliable and surprisingly accurate. Not sure I'd want to put more than 50 rounds through it at a time, but its not intended to be a range gun. Congratulations!

KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Generally everyone is ready to jump on the "Taurus sucks" bandwagon. I've been happy with mine but can't decide if that's due to luck or improved quality control at Taurus. I hope it's the latter because they offer a lot of gun for the money in every caliber. Good luck and have fun.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I'll try anything once, but, rest assured...if the Taurus sucks, I'm telling THE WORLD!!!

Looks like I'll have to wait until March to break it in, however, because that's when Eagle Creek opens, and because I refuse to patronize the ranges of Don's or Pops..

Until then, the Taurus sits safely locked up gathering dust, as I will not carry it until I know it's reliable.

I'm really digging its small size. It will go anywhere effortlessly compared to my other hand-cannons.

I'm really hoping it turns out to be a good firearm.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    I have the Kel-Tec I agree it is not the best looking or feels the best, but is goes bang all the time. I now carry the LCP, but look forward to how the Taurus works for you. Good luck and shooting!:ar15:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Looks like I'll have to wait until March to break it in, however, because that's when Eagle Creek opens, and because I refuse to patronize the ranges of Don's or Pops..

...and he simply refuses to drive north an hour and shoot for free, despite several invitations..... hey zoomie... need another kleenex?... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom