• XS Big Dots ???

• Total voters

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I looked at the Big Dot's recently as they have been highly recommend on this sight. I found that they were not as "bright" as my expection. I believe that this is mostly due to my diminished eyesight. Yes, I can still shoot safely.

Since this was for my Springfield 45 Tactical house gun I decided to go with a Streamlight Light/Laser combo. It was more $$ but since this is not a carry gun it seems to fit the need better.

Thank you to the employees of 21st Century for their help. Well worth the drive to Bluffton.

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    I have them on my personal gun and my duty gun. It is an exceptional product. The myth about them not being as precise is just that. I can hit a man sized steel target at 110 yards consistantly with them.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I just checked these out on duboismd's XD9SC and I am going to get them. Thanks for the input fellas...

I am planning on going to Bluffton this week maybe Monday or Tuesday afternoon anyone wanna put together a road trip???

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Obviously I love them. My primary carry has them and I could not be happier. I trust my life and more importantly my family's life with them.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have them on my personal gun and my duty gun. It is an exceptional product. The myth about them not being as precise is just that. I can hit a man sized steel target at 110 yards consistantly with them.

We had our little "shoot off" after class that day and I think there were three of you guys who hit first shot at 110+ yards with Big Dots on Sigs with DAK triggers. That was a fun time.

Of course then somebody else put one through the tent....

:laugh:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    IMO, this system is even more effective and practical on a defensive handgun than it was on the 19th century "dangerous game" rifles it first appeared on.

Personally, no open sight arrangement I've ever tried allows me to index on my target and make the hits as quickly, glasses or no, bright light or dim - period.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you want them get them. You don't NEED them though, you NEED to practice, practice, practice. No sight replacement is a replacement for practice.

XS sights or 600 rounds of practice? Which helps more?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    XS sights or 600 rounds of practice? Which helps more?

Over the life of your carry pistol? The sights.

Seeing your front sight is important, especially in no- or low-light, which is when most violent encounters take place.

Obviously they're not a replacement for training and practice, but they really should be on a serious defensive handgun. (night sights in general, not just XS's offerings)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Over the life of your carry pistol? The sights.

Seeing your front sight is important, especially in no- or low-light, which is when most violent encounters take place.

Obviously they're not a replacement for training and practice, but they really should be on a serious defensive handgun. (night sights in general, not just XS's offerings)

I have trijicons on my Kimber and I like them very much. I saw the videos on the XS sights and not having night sights on my XD yet I wanted to try them. I got them installed today, I will make a range report as soon as I can make it out...

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I tried out my XS Dots today. I like them very much. The sight picture is great and fast to acquire. Here is a target I definitely need to practice a little more with my XD this was only my second trip out with it and I am having trouble getting used to the trigger, it sometimes pinches a little and I am not used to all the take up but its not all bad. Ten shots off hand WWB 115 FMJ fired at 10 yards...

001.jpg

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Keep in mind, they are meant to be a "combat" sight, meant to get on target quickly. Some say that aren't as precise as typical sights, but

YouTube - XS Sight Demo II

YouTube - XS Sight Demo

I have a question about that Yeager long range shooting video. I'm pretty sure I've seen him do similar as point shooting, without sights. Doesn't that mean he is not a very good demo of any sighting system?

Top Bottom