• ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I generally recommend to people go with the Business class machines if you are just doing web surfing, and general computing. If you have the money to spend though the other type of laptop I end up recommending a lot for higher end machines is the game boxes.

The Business class tends to be built to take a beating and last. The Gaming class tend to pack in a ton of features, but be more expensive. Both tend to last quite a while. My wife has a 6 year old business class laptop that has been a champ.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Why does one manufacturer "outperform" another (quality, etc.) if they're not using proprietary chipsets, drives, etc., why the difference? For business class, if all hardware specs are equal, why are they better than consumer class?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Why does one manufacturer "outperform" another (quality, etc.) if they're not using proprietary chipsets, drives, etc., why the difference? For business class, if all hardware specs are equal, why are they better than consumer class?
    There are a number of significant differences, the two that jump immediately to mind are heat management and power supply quality. Plus, hardware specs go beyond speed, capacity etc. and into quality of components.

Top Bottom