• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Let me preface by saying that I've had my XDs for over a year now and have had zero problems with the standard 5 round magazines. I did pick up two of the 7 round mags as well and almost immediately began having FTF issues with them.(with ball ammo no less) The problems continued and I noticed others reporting similar feeding problems usually with the extended mags. Went to the range today and right away had 2 FTF in back to back extended mags. Just for the hell of it, I removed the grip spacers from the extended mags, reloaded them and went to town. Put 150 rounds through the pair of mags with no further malfunctions. I am going to put some more rounds down range to verify but I am really thinking the feeding issues people are having with those mags are caused by the grip spacers not allowing proper seating of the magazine.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Take a xacto knife and clean a thin strip off the top and or bottom and try it. I agree it sounds like its not allowing the magazine to stay tight by pushing down on it

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Some early M&P extended mags had the same problem, the spacer would would slide up and if you did not notice it, it would not seat properly.

Last edited:

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    I'll try trimming the spacer a bit and see if that helps. It makes for a better grip with the spacer on there, but not if it's going to cause malfunctions obviously. Worst case I'll just use em without the spacers. Just wanted to put my experience out there in case anyone else here has similar issues.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I do not recommend using extended mags in the XD. The XD does not have a built in stop like the glock does and therefore must be used with magazine spacers to prevent over-insertion. Unfortunately, these spacers can shift and botch reloads. Unfortunately, this leaves no good way to use extended mags in a defensive capacity.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom