• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amkriz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Elkhart
    I am seeing a lot of the XDs for sale after people received them back from Springfield. I have considered the 45 and was curios why so many are getting them back and selling? Any thought? Anyone happy with what they have? I enjoy shooting glocks and my local dealer told me I would like the XDs. I have not found one to shoot yet just looking for other opinions. Any glock lovers out there shot the XDs and thought on it?

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I have the 9 but if you find a45 post recall get it.
    My nine if perfectly fine post....
    I seriously think some people just want to feell like they are proving a point by getting rid of it.
    I've seen many posts on mite than one forum that functionality is as good as new.
    Oh buy the way you'll get an extended mag with it too:rockwoot: :twocents:

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I think my xds .45 feels great after the recall. The trigger pull may be a little heavier but not by much. I've even started looking for a 9mm if I can find one cheap enough.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I was not happy with the wait, but now that I have it back I still love my XDS in .45! The trigger feels slightly different, but still fine.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's mostly just people that are pissed about the recall. They're trying to make some sort of point, I guess.

NyhtRyder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Indy
    My XDs .45 seems just fine after being repaired. The trigger pull might be just slightly different, but if you are buying one after the repair, you won't even know the difference. I will not give up my XDs .45 for any price!

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I sold mine after it was upgraded ,but I had it for sale before the recall . I just don't like the XD series .
    For what every reason it may be I don't shot the guns very well . Which in my book makes them worthless to me .

JMHO

Amkriz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Elkhart
    Thank you everyone for the response. I definitely feel comfortable purchasing one. Does anyone have any thoughts on how the trigger feels in comparison to a Glock? My dealer had told me if I like the glock trigger I would be happy with the XDs.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    MY XDS 9's trigger is very similar to my G19's....it may be slightly heavier, but has the same ever so slight creep, then break. The reset is very tactile and audible. Approx. 500 rounds pre-recall...no issues, and now approx. 400 post recall...no issues. If you pick up the XDS 45, I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you're a Glock fan.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Although I wasn't particularly happy with the way the recall went down initially, I have not seen or heard of any issues nor even experienced first hand, post recall, anything that has swayed me from keeping my XDs .45. I would also not discourage anyone from purchasing a post recall one if they so desired. I still think it serves the intended purpose that I originally purchased it for.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had an XDs in 9mm. Pre-recall it was great, much better than me. After I had the upgrade done, I ended up trading it for an XDm 3.8 Compact. Nothing wrong with the gun, though... it was an impulse buy, and I can't seem to get comfortable with that pistol size. The XDm for me fits better (perhaps the thicker grip vs. a single-stack grip, I have really long fingers), and I shoot it a LOT better. The trigger was just a tad bit heavier when I got it back, but not by much, and at least in 9mm form, it was a really soft shooter, VERY easy recoil.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I had an XDs in 9mm. Pre-recall it was great, much better than me. After I had the upgrade done, I ended up trading it for an XDm 3.8 Compact. Nothing wrong with the gun, though... it was an impulse buy, and I can't seem to get comfortable with that pistol size. The XDm for me fits better (perhaps the thicker grip vs. a single-stack grip, I have really long fingers), and I shoot it a LOT better. The trigger was just a tad bit heavier when I got it back, but not by much, and at least in 9mm form, it was a really soft shooter, VERY easy recoil.

I know what you mean, I should have just kept my xdm 3.8. Although I would rather have the 3.8 compact as you picked. But i still really
    like my xds for carry. I'll have another M for sure.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I know what you mean, I should have just kept my xdm 3.8. Although I would rather have the 3.8 compact as you picked. But i still really
    like my xds for carry. I'll have another M for sure.

Really good and fair point... the XDm Compact doesn't carry NEARLY as well as the XDs. It's kind of a trade off... I shoot the XDm better, but it's more bulky to carry. I could have committed myself more to the XDs, but in this case, I ended up going with what I know works well for me. FWIW, my son shot the XDs *really* well... he was a bit miffed that I traded it off!

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Don't understand myself why everyone wants to dump their XDs's. Springfield already got their money for the gun whether or not you own the firearm or someone else does. So what point does it make to resell?
    if you liked the gun before the recall, as I did, then what really changed? The trigger is slightly different but not enough to dump the gun if you originally liked it.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I sold mine. The trigger was 3lb+ heavier, weighed... I took my "unfixed" one and my "fixed" one to the range and there were considerable shot group differences. My shot group was a LOT bigger with the "fixed" gun. If I took the xds apart and got the trigger a little lighter I would have kept it, I just didnt want to be the guy who experimented and killed his xds.
    TLDR
    Got mine back, new trigger sucked, sold it....

Top Bottom