• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    Does the XDS have additional available front sights? I have had to install a shorter front sight on guns before because I prefer a 6 o'clock hold vs 0 or 12 noon. A simple change out to a shorter front sight might just solve it for you.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I've shot one both pre and post recall and hate it. hate the grip, hate the trigger, hate the recoil. Everyone saying what a soft shooter it is? I don't get it. It's no better than any other .45 of the same size/weight, if anything, the grip makes it worse.
    I have no complaints about it's accuracy, but I will say that the gun came back from recall shooting low and left and it was not shooting that way prior to sending it in. This was verified by the same 2 shooters that fired the gun both before and after service and one being right handed and the other left handed so it sure wasn't over pull on the trigger...

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Quite a few of us are calling it a soft shooter as compared to other small for caliber guns that we have shot. My wife is transitioning from an LCR that she shot with 38 Special +Ps. as compared to that, it is a soft shooter, and not appreciably larger platform to carry. Does it jump more than my Government 1911? You bet, but I think that any reasonable person would expect that. As far as recoil along the lines of any other 45 in its size, I have yet to shoot any other handgun quite that small in 45 ACP, so I have no basis for comparison, but I wouldnt say the recoil is anything to get excited about. My 14 year old son, who is about 120 pounds soaking wet, has ZERO issues with the recoil, or control with this platform.

The trigger isnt anything to write home about, but what striker fired gun from the factory is? Again, as compared to where my wife is coming from, the trigger is a wonderful step up. Perhaps a bit heavier, but certainly shorter travel than the LCR that she is accustomed to.

Accuracy is another topic all together, as my wife isnt always the best pistol marks person out there, but after seeing my son shoot it, and shooting it myself, I have no issues with the mechanical accuracy of the pistol, or the sights.

The only pistols that I have shot that have less recoil than the XDs in its relative size were the PK380, and some 22s. I would actually compare recoil to that of my MK9, a slightly smaller, heavier steel framed 9mm that actually has the feed ramp offset because of the barrel being set so low in the pistol in an attempt to reduce felt recoil.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Possibly the gun OP, but likely considering the fact that you think it's tough to hold on to, it's most likely moving on you because of your grip/anticipation...
    I own the 9 and just shoot the. 45 last week and it really
    want that big of a deal and def not inaccurate.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Possibly the gun OP, but likely considering the fact that you think it's tough to hold on to, it's most likely moving on you because of your grip/anticipation...
    I own the 9 and just shoot the. 45 last week and it really
    want that big of a deal and def not inaccurate.

Update, shot another XDS45 this weekend from another friend of mine it is was much more accurate, while I did not enjoy shooting it all that much it would shoot where I aimed it. We even did side by side comparison, shot the good one and the bad one and even brought in a third shooter. All 3 of us experienced it about 6-8 inches low and the other gun shot on target.

Still not impressed with how the gun shoots but we now know something is bent or its the sights.

He will be sending it back to get looked at.

Top Bottom