• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a good XDm trigger for comp or a good trigger guy? I want to upgrade from a stock trigger to a lighter crisper & shorter trigger

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a good XDm trigger for comp or a good trigger guy? I want to upgrade from a stock trigger to a lighter crisper & shorter trigger

You didn't state what your goal is and if the gun is for carry, competition, or plinking ? I installed a drop in Powder River trigger in my SA XDm 5.25 to use for USPSA and IDPA events. I also put in a competition striker spring. The powder river parts made a vast improvement in the trigger - shorter travel, lighter trigger pull, and faster reset. I will admit I experienced some failure to fire issues after the installion. I am shooting reloads and I am questioning whether the problem is with the after market PW parts or my reloads. I removed the competition striker spring and it helped, but didn't completely alleviate the problem. I am trying reloads now with either CCI or Winchester primers. My limited and very unscientific test so far is the CCI primers are the problem as they seem to be much harder resulting in what looks like lite primer strikes. When I load "defective" round and fire it the second time it always goes off.

Sorry, to get off on a tangent - my general overall response would be the PR trigger is a very good addition to your XDm. I watched the YouTube and with limited armorer experience I was able to complete the installation. Word to the wise - make sure you watch the complete video before starting. When they get to the part about making sure you don't lose the striker retention spring - listen to them ! There is one in my garage somewhere that will undoubtedly never be found.

Good luck.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Thanks for the very useful info - I was undecided between the Springer & the PRP - I went with the PRP Ultimate - My XDm isnt going to strictly a comp pistol so the tech from PRP suggested the Ultimate over the Extreme - Ill recieve it sometime next week -

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I sent my xd(M) 9mm back to Springfield Armory's custom shop and they did a fabulous job. It was a quick turn around too. I went with SA over the Springer and PRP because their work has a lifetime guarantee and I felt the extra cost was worth that. My xd(M) has been my most reliable semi auto pistol. I can't say enough good about the trigger job they did. It's been several years since I had my pistol's trigger worked on and it remains my favorite pistol. I know the OP has already pulled the trigger on the PRP, but others who may have the same thought might consider SA's custom shop. Here's the link to the current pricing for xd(M) work; http://www.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/XDCustomWorksheet_2.pdf

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I contacted Springfield yesterday about a comp trigger job and the specs of the job - their comp trigger job entails a PRP trigger installed to your weight specs - the weight will determine which model of trigger they install - its $210-$230 depending on how light you want the pull - lighter cost more - with a 4-6 week turnaround - I recieved my PRP Ultimate Match today and installed with a little patience - youtube helped tremendously - I couldnt be happier - it took a few mags to really get the feal of it but seriously couldnt be happier - I do understand why one would have Springfield do it - their techs do do great work - Im a tinkerer and not happy til I know everything about my firearms and do most of my upgrades - unless milling is required then I use a local machinist - so Ive voided a few warranties but would trust my life and my familys lives with any of my firearms - I would suggest if your not mechanically inclined to have the factory do your upgrade - dont take the chance - but if you trust your mechanical abilities do it yourself - save yourself close to $100 - either way its a must upgrade for any XDm owner - +100 to PRP - thanks again for the helpful info :ingo:

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I put the PRP trigger kit in my 5.25 XDm

SpringfieldXdM525Competition2.jpg

This is one great shooting gun.

:cool:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If you go prp and use their trigger be aware of the need for a cold weather test, else the over travel on your trigger will most likely be set too tight for the gun to fire when it is cold. I stick the guns in a freezer but that is only a good test if your gun won't see temperatures below 30 degrees + -. Read about a person in Montana who uses the 'back porch' test instead.

Also for competition, the prp trigger (externally visible modification) is USPSA production legal & IDPA esp legal but not IDPA ssp legal.

Other thing is prp instructions will tell you not to dry fire without snap caps if you get all the goodies (striker & titanium safety mods), you won't see this warning on their website but it comes with the parts :(.

Top Bottom