• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    All you glock guys talk about concealing your guns. If you talked about your wives/girlfriends the same way then I'd guess you must hang out with the ugly ones :dunno: or maybe are just so ashamed of your guns that you have to keep them covered up :rolleyes:

Want a gun worth carrying, and be proud of it, get a real gun. Get a 1911 :patriot:

3-5.jpg

Is that artwork on that 1911 or has it just been shot at 1,000 times? :D

Honestly, a 1911 is my next purchase; can't decide between a Springfield and a Kimber. As far as feel, I'm on the fence..

I actually just took my G19 and XD9SC out to the range. I honestly love the XD and the more I shoot it, the more I wanna get rid of the Glock for another XD.

To get back to the OP though, I just bought a Don Hume 721OT for my XD subcompact and it holds it tight and up against the body and concealed it too well, IMO. I'm more of an OC'er and the Hume made it a little too snug against the body.

So if you're looking for a close up to the body holster, you're pretty safe with any Don Hume except the J.I.T. slide.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I posted about this a few days ago. I have the XD subcompact .40 cal & have a Don Hume 715 IWB holster. I put it directly on my right hip bone. It pulls the gun tight to the body & is extremely comfortable. I have to check after a while just to make sure it's still there... Nobody has a clue (with shirt untucked)

I CC my SC 40 in an uncle mikes IWB. Its not bad really. But I will try out the Don Hume. Thanks

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    I carried an XDM .40 in a crossbreed super tuck for a while. It was very comfortable, and was easy to hide in a t-shirt and jeans. You don't need a jacket.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    its all about the holster and belt blade tec or raven and a couple of galco are nice a cheap one wont always cut it.

Great post for a newbie! It's very true.. the better the holster and the better the belt, the better it carries. I can toss on a long T with a good belt (Liger) and holster (Rocketman ECP) and it's pretty hard to spot my Glock 17. Heck, even with a not-so-nice Fobus it's still not bad..

Try as best you can for both, but make sure you've got one part of the puzzle in good shape. A good belt can help out a bad holster, and a good holster can help out a bad belt, but if you've got mediocre all the way around, nothing will work well..

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    To the OP.. Just ghetto tuck that junk Xdm right next to your junk. Upfront and no holster can become pretty comfortable and nobody ever sees it either.

That is not + one for the glock guys either.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    To the OP.. Just ghetto tuck that junk Xdm right next to your junk. Upfront and no holster can become pretty comfortable and nobody ever sees it either.

That is not + one for the glock guys either.

:dunno:

Seriously? I like my weenie MUCH more than my gun. It tends to give me more pleasure while using that particular tool over my gun as well.

I think up front by my junk without a holster is the LAST place I'd like my gun to be. I might actually prefer that the enemy has my gun before I place it next to the twig and berries.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's all about the holster, a proper gun belt and correct placement for your body and feel. People conceal full-size guns all day, it's just about finding what works for you.

+1000

I carry a service XD concealed everyday that I don't OC it. It's only 1/2" shorter than the XDm.

I also carried a fullsize HK USP 45 in Florida (where any part of the gun showing is crime) for years. Thats bigger than the XDm IIRC.

Good belt and a good holster make it happen. Prepare to spend 35+ on a belt and another 40+ for a decent holster at a minimum. Do that and you can carry your XDm (open or concealed) ALL DAY LONG comfortably and without adjusting it all the time.

Top Bottom