• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    My stock XD has a long take up but there is no stacking. I suppose I'm to the point that when I put my finger on the trigger I just normally take out the slack. The break is clean and crisp and the the reset isn't too long. I've seen the videos of the take up on the Powder River Trigger and there is a visable difference in the take up. However an XDor even a XDM isn't a Baer, Kimber, Colt or any other exotic piece. They're just what they are. A very servicable weapon.

Last edited:

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I have an XD and really enjoy it, as many others have said as well, I prefer its trigger way over the M&P. And for some reason I still am yet to find a sig that is for me so I am a little bias in that direction

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I have glocks now but I used to own a xdm 40 and I have to admit that even though I prefer glocks overall I liked the xdm trigger better

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have an xdm 3.8 compact 9mm. It has a stock trigger but I think it feels great. If you are close I wouldn't have a problem meeting at pops if youd like to get a feel for it.

Toolepqk just wanted to drop in and thank you for the offer. I am actually in Illinois and have no clue where Pop's is located.

Thanks again for the offer, I am guessing you are a little ways away seeing that I havent heard of Pop's

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    HELP...I have a M&P 9C and am considering the APEX kit. The gun doesn't have a safety nor do I want one. I have read that the APEX trigger lightens over time and could be too light for CC after a few thousand rounds. Is this true?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    HELP...I have a M&P 9C and am considering the APEX kit. The gun doesn't have a safety nor do I want one. I have read that the APEX trigger lightens over time and could be too light for CC after a few thousand rounds. Is this true?

I have a few thousand through my DCAEK and haven't noticed any change. :dunno:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    To all you people who say the m&P trigger is terribly gritty, let me ax you something. Are you judging it on how it feels when it isn't cocked? I have two M&P's and both triggers feel gritty if I just empty the gun and squeeze the trigger repeatedly without cocking. My XD was butter smooth when doing the same thing BTW, but I believe that is totally irrelevant. I doesn't matter one bit how gritty the trigger feels when it isn't cocked, because you fire from a cocked setting. The grittiness is probably caused by the striker safety being activated when the striker is already forward.

When I cock my unloaded M&P's there is no grittiness, and the stock trigger break is one of the best I've ever felt. The only thing lacking in the M&P trigger IMO is a clean reset. Judge for yourself, but if you want to do a real comparison, just make sure you cock the gun first (follow safety rules of course!).

Top Bottom