• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have not shot the 40 but understand that many people prefer shooting the 45 over the 40.

I love my XD45C. Everyone that shoots it likes it. I heckle the Glock guys but I have never owned one or shot one. I was going to get a Glock based on reputation but found the XD45C and never looked back.

Xman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Canby, ORE.
    Ive been looking at the XD 40. I still ove my Glocks. Ease of break down, cleaning, accuracy. A simple pistol with not so much hype.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ive been looking at the XD 40. I still ove my Glocks. Ease of break down, cleaning, accuracy. A simple pistol with not so much hype.

I'm sorry, I just spit up my coffee a little there. You used the word "Glock" in conjunction with the phrase "not so much hype".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love my XD, but the preponderance of aftermarket parts and armorers sure makes the Glock attractive. When my sights finally get here, I'm not looking forward to trying to locate someone to install them, and I really don't want to drop a hundred bucks to have Springfield do it.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Scutter,

XDtalk used to have a sight press that they were passing around for use for their members. I can't log in for some reason right now so you will have to go searching for yourself.

If you log in tell them G McBride, gill@richmondcasting.com need their assistance. I don't seem to get a response.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Ease of break down, cleaning, accuracy. A simple pistol with not so much hype.

You just described the XD perfectly they should make that a print ad...

Glock owners say the XD is Easy to break down, easy to clean, very accurate. A simple pistol with not as much hype as my Glock.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter,

XDtalk used to have a sight press that they were passing around for use for their members. I can't log in for some reason right now so you will have to go searching for yourself.

If you log in tell them G McBride, gill@richmondcasting.com need their assistance. I don't seem to get a response.

Yeah, I've found places where you can rent them for a nominal fee, but I'm not confident enough in my ability to change my sights without marring the bejesus out of my slide. I'd prefer to have an armorer do it, especially given how hard they're supposed to be to remove. Someone told me that Elmore's can do it and that they have the sight tool for it. I'll probably try there first.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Scutter,

Think there is the possibility that you got banned?:dunno:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    No possibility of that. I am still listed as a member and have not been controversial about anything. I used to log in automatically when I went to the site and one day a week or so ago it just quit working. I try to log in and it tells me that my name or password is incorrect. When I try to contact them I don't think it works. If I had an email address I could just contact them myself.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    XDtalkers, it was November 11th last time i could log onto the XDTALK site. Keep harassing those Mods for me please so that I can go back and participate.

Sometimes you just have to go home and I was on there before I found this site. I like all of you except the Glock people and I am trying to like most of them.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    My technical guys from parallax, our host site for my mail and website said that they see a problem with XDtalk and will contact their administrator and try to take care of my problem with them.

They may have been trying to email me and not getting through or they may have blocked out parallax incoming for some reason.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We Glock and XD lovers need to quit talkin' kB's, and unite to make fun of 1911 guys. . .

Top Bottom