• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Great, I own a xd-40 sc and am kinda irritated at the scuffed hood and barrel as well, would like to see how it turns out, maybe do it as well

Tripwire25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noooooooo... All that barrel wear is character! Means that gun has been used...

And dont try to slap curb feelers on it either.. :stickpoke:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I did mine turned out pretty good. I just bought a car buffing pad chucked it up in a drill put some polishing compond on it and buffed the !@#$ OUT OF IT ! Took some time and elbow grease but I think it was worth it.
    1128081723.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just my opinion but to me it's a combat pistol. It's not a show piece. I do not have the links book marked, but I have seen some tests done. From all the tests the barrel rusted, if not always treated with some kind of oil!

Last edited:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It won't rust. I've searched and never found one person that said it rusted. What do I do now? I got the dull finish I want, how do I clean it? Rinse it with water, dry, and oil it?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I use Blue and Rust remover and a Scotchbrite pad to get the blue off and then Flitz or Semichrome to clean it up. Have been doing it that way for years and have never had a bbl rust.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well it's done for now...newb question- should I oil the inside of the barrel this one time?

The outside has a nice "brushed aluminum" look to it. It's not shiny but I don't want a mirror finish, the muzzle is pretty shiny but the hood isn't. I'll post pics, it looks almost factory. If any of you guys have a S&W 3rd gen I'd say the barrel looks like my 6906 barrel.

Top Bottom