• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have a friend wanting to trade me his Gen 3 G35 for my XD-9 subcompact. I've looked it over and it is in awesome condition. I'm not sure it's got more than a hundred rounds thru it. He doesn't know either, he got it from a guy who was hurting for cash and supposedly didn't shoot much. The problem is that I'm not a GLOCK guy. I've had a few, but they are just not my cup o tea. But if the trade makes sense based on value, then I will do it and maybe trade for something else. I'm just not sure about the value of a G35 right now.

So what say you guys? Good value in the trade, or keep the XD?

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I like the XD over the Glock. If you look at/base it on value then go for it, but if you like the xd over the glock for your own reason then I would say pass. Personally Ill keep the xd.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    If you like the XD then keep it. If you don't like the XD then trade and then swap out the Glock for something you do like. Or swap out the XD for something you like, but the Glock will probably trade a little easier.

XDream9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Avon
    I agree, go with the one that suits you. If you like the XD keep it, if you want to do some trading for something other than the XD or G35, then trade.

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    What didn't you like about it? (not trolling, genuinely interested in opinions)

Just don't care much for how they feel in my hands. The XD's are a little beefier to me and I like the feel more. I'm starting to lean on my 1911 more and more though. The more I carry it, the more comfortable I get and the less I notice the weight of it. That's why I'm thinking I would do the trade only for the possibility of getting more money towards a higher end 1911. I have an XD-45 so I can part with the XD-9 and not lose any sleep over it. I just wondered what you all thought about the trade. I haven't been watching the market for a while and kinda feel outta the loop on prices.

dmil12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    I have a XD-9 with ported barrel and it shoots awesome...but I would still trade it for a G35 almost any day as long as the G35 isn't beat to crap.

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have a XD-9 with ported barrel and it shoots awesome...but I would still trade it for a G35 almost any day as long as the G35 isn't beat to crap.

Yeah, it's in great shape. Not much done with it at all. I'm not looking for a competition shooter for my own stock though. Just checking to see who's gettin the better end of the deal. It kinda sounds like the general consesus is to trade for the G35 since it might be better trade bait for what I want.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I have a friend wanting to trade me his Gen 3 G35 for my XD-9 subcompact. I've looked it over and it is in awesome condition. I'm not sure it's got more than a hundred rounds thru it. He doesn't know either, he got it from a guy who was hurting for cash and supposedly didn't shoot much. The problem is that I'm not a GLOCK guy. I've had a few, but they are just not my cup o tea. But if the trade makes sense based on value, then I will do it and maybe trade for something else. I'm just not sure about the value of a G35 right now.

So what say you guys? Good value in the trade, or keep the XD?

Can you take the G35 to the range and run a few mags through it? If so then take the, both to the range and run a few (5 or so) mags through each one and see which one feels better in your hands and shoots better for you. that is the one I would choose. I REFUSE to get into the big Glock vs. XD vs. M&P vs. etc etc debate. I personally have shot sigs, M&Ps, Glocks, XDs and just about every other gun. And for the value I personally chose XDs.

I would say though that if it's a tie to stick with the XD that you already have because you already have the mags and holsters to fit it. Not so for the Glock.

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    Can you take the G35 to the range and run a few mags through it? If so then take the, both to the range and run a few (5 or so) mags through each one and see which one feels better in your hands and shoots better for you. that is the one I would choose. I REFUSE to get into the big Glock vs. XD vs. M&P vs. etc etc debate. I personally have shot sigs, M&Ps, Glocks, XDs and just about every other gun. And for the value I personally chose XDs.

I would say though that if it's a tie to stick with the XD that you already have because you already have the mags and holsters to fit it. Not so for the Glock.

I appreciate your views. I think if I were looking to shoot comp, I might do what your suggesting. I've already mauled a few GLOCK's in the past, and as I have said, they ain't for me. I'm thinking pretty seriously about going forward with the trade since I've heard what everyone here had to say, and I've talked with a few others who seem to agree that the G35 is gonna be easier to move and hold a better value in trade. I'm still kicking it around though.

ghogs nightmare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    The Glock has more value an more well built. If you want to shoot it ported you can buy an after market barrel and go at it that way. The 34/35 series is a nice series and has great balance (at least in my opinion).
    But of course goes with what works best for you. There are some tricks to making the glock a little more friendly but choose what you like best.

handkaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Ya it's what you like best unless your just looking to have theirs valuable piece, in which case you should trade for the glock

Top Bottom