• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    For those of you interested, I x-rayed my M&P today while at training. I had to get the program installed on my work laptop and to make sure it worked properly I had to x-ray something and my gun was the closest thing at hand. I could have tweaked the image to make the internals of the slide stand out more clearly but I had other things to do so I just left it as the original image.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a fairly new to me Smith M & P in .40 I'll be it would look similar! the amazing part to me is that the cartridges show up so well. Being enclosed in a metal magazine I would have expected it to absorb more of the radiation and the image be less clear. However the lead in the bullets would absorb the most X-rays so perhaps that accounts for the way they show up.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have a fairly new to me Smith M & P in .40 I'll be it would look similar! the amazing part to me is that the cartridges show up so well. Being enclosed in a metal magazine I would have expected it to absorb more of the radiation and the image be less clear. However the lead in the bullets would absorb the most X-rays so perhaps that accounts for the way they show up.

The emitter I was using has the capability of penetrating 2" steel but I didn't use very many pulses. The mag isn't very thick steel so the radiation goes right through it, and you are correct about the lead in the bullets absorbing more.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The emitter I was using has the capability of penetrating 2" steel but I didn't use very many pulses. The mag isn't very thick steel so the radiation goes right through it, and you are correct about the lead in the bullets absorbing more.

Benefits of an almost completed semester of College Physics. Just finished the sections on chemistry and Nuclear Physics.

Top Bottom