• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Well the ATF told Tennessee that they didn't care. I don't see how this will change their view on it. No one in Tennessee is challenging it either.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    So when this is tested(and you know it will be)what do you all think will be the end result? Will the state stand firm to it's convictions? Or will they crumble under the might of the Fed?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The state has no power over the fed. Or even the ATF. I doubt it will even be tested though. Much like no other states are testing it currently eventhough they talked a big game. It is just one giant pissing match right now between the states and the fed. Ultimately the fed (or ATF, not even the fed but rather a department, in Tennessee's case) will call their bluff, and they will back down.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    What I mean is that the state pretty much told their citizens that the federal laws are null and void. Without question some people are then going to ignore those laws, and subsequently be nabbed by the ATF. Do you think the state will defend their position? What would the ATF do if the state refused to prosecute/allow prosecution? Would force be used you think? I'm really curious to hear how this would play out.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I think that's what everyone is wondering. I'm sure some people know what the steps will be and what they'll do at each step, the politicians. I think there's a 99.99% chance they'll back down and all these laws will be reversed and more than likely new federal laws or court rulings will keep this from happening again. But that just leaves the question of What if they don't back down this time?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Following Alaska and New Hampshire, Wyoming has added teeth to their act. via Cheyenne Gun Rights Examiner
    More at the source, (including a link to the .pdf of the bill)

Looks like their cops will finally have to choose who they're beholden to. About time.

If it had the word 'Indiana' substituted for the word 'Wyoming,' that would be one of the best excerpts I'd have ever read.

As it stands, it's still probably top-ten.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Ha! Ever hear of Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942)? You could argue that United States v. Lopez, 514 U.S. 549 (1995) overrules Wickard, but it hasn't gotten that far.

Wickard is interesting. I knew about the absolutely idiotic attempt to cheat all logic and hard and fast laws of economics through creating shortages during the government caused and sustained Great Depression. I didn't know the SC ruled on that.

How could they not know that with that ruling they were basically destroying federalism, or did they? What arrogance. Reading that ruling, they might has well have been saying, "The federal government now trumps the states in any matter they wish to take over."

Please, please, let some of these kinds of cases go before the current Court.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Justice Kennedy may be the most important and influential man of this century. Let's hope he lives a while longer, and that he continues to lean in the direction he's been leaning lately.

Top Bottom