0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If they start emissions testing all over IN there's going to be a LOT of people that say eff u!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I beg to differ. Something like this would cost people too much. It would be cheaper to fight it.
    I tend to disagree with this. The state government will surrender without a fight. They'll bend over backwards to help the feds shaft us. The average person on the street won't care at all, since they're going after the big companies. It won't even dawn on them till the trickle down hits their pocket books and by that point it'll be too late.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I tend to disagree with this. The state government will surrender without a fight. They'll bend over backwards to help the feds shaft us. The average person on the street won't care at all, since they're going after the big companies. It won't even dawn on them till the trickle down hits their pocket books and by that point it'll be too late.

But I seriously don't see it being confined to just big business. Sure, they say it now, but I'm betting it happens to the little guy too.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

Look, you seem like a pretty nice guy, but you're "oh well we're all doomed because the sheeple aren't paying attention" attitude is unbecoming. There are plenty of people who are paying attention to this stuff, and are alive and kicking. Yes, the state government most likely will surrender without a fight, unless we make sure they know that they won't get re-elected. How often have you called the office of a senator or congress person?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Look, you seem like a pretty nice guy, but you're "oh well we're all doomed because the sheeple aren't paying attention" attitude is unbecoming. There are plenty of people who are paying attention to this stuff, and are alive and kicking. Yes, the state government most likely will surrender without a fight, unless we make sure they know that they won't get re-elected. How often have you called the office of a senator or congress person?
    Thanks for the complement. The facts are that the state government here has a history of caving to the feds. Remember REAL ID? They bent right over, despite the fact that loads of us out here opposed it and let them know. They don't care about elections. They know that their base will go back out there and pull the lever for them every time. That's just a fact of life. I've had my reps agree with me and then go and vote contrary to my communications many times. If elections made a lick of difference, they'd outlaw them in a heart beat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I beg to differ. Something like this would cost people too much. It would be cheaper to fight it.

Brother, look at history. Look at recent history.... Look at Americans.

I dont doubt a show, but in the end, The People will lose.

Our leaders are cowards, and it's appearant The People follower they're Chiefs.

I dread it... But IF or WHEN it comes, I want to approach it at a realistic view, based on recent events.

Now, show me acouple hundred thousand Hoosiers ready to crush the life out of this agenda, even if it means physical confrontation, then I will believe you.

Just sayin', I dont put much stock in The People securing they're desires, as self-determination in America appears to only be an illusion and I dont want to pretend we're something we aint.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Brother, look at history. Look at recent history.... Look at Americans.

I dont doubt a show, but in the end, The People will lose.

Our leaders are cowards, and it's appearant The People follower they're Chiefs.

I dread it... But IF or WHEN it comes, I want to approach it at a realistic view, based on recent events.

Now, show me acouple hundred thousand Hoosiers ready to crush the life out of this agenda, even if it means physical confrontation, then I will believe you.

Just sayin', I dont put much stock in The People securing they're desires, as self-determination in America appears to only be an illusion and I dont want to pretend we're something we aint.

Well, I pray you're wrong, otherwise we're really screwed. I mean if we can't come together to stop something as small and unConstitutional as this, then, yea, well, yep.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If the greenies, and that includes EPA really want to decrease CO2 output they should have their mouths and noses sewed shut so they stop spewing CO2 every time the exhale.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What I see happening is the EPA pointing to all the other states that do it and our state gov't saying, "Oh... well, if all of them are, it must be OK." That seems to happen, however, only in one direction. We can't point to all the states that have unlicensed open carry, for example, and get any answer other than "Well, now.. that looks awfully risky..."

I don't know the answer. I know that annual vehicle inspections were the law where I grew up. They are in NWI also, I think, but not everywhere. I can see a benefit to them, but not one that outweighs the cost, both in liberty and in money.

Blessings,
    Bill

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Thanks for the complement. The facts are that the state government here has a history of caving to the feds. Remember REAL ID? They bent right over, despite the fact that loads of us out here opposed it and let them know. They don't care about elections. They know that their base will go back out there and pull the lever for them every time. That's just a fact of life. I've had my reps agree with me and then go and vote contrary to my communications many times. If elections made a lick of difference, they'd outlaw them in a heart beat.

I think you're right to an extent, but that's not going to stop me from voting, or sharing information. Hopefully the Tea Party will have enough of an impact and people will start voting the right people in. I guess my point is, I'll fight like hell with every tool I've got in order to make sure these people don't get re-elected. I'm not saying you're completely wrong, and I'm not trying to insult you, but I'm not going to stand by and say "oh well, it doesn't matter, things are just going to go bad anyways."

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't know the answer. I know that annual vehicle inspections were the law where I grew up.

This is one thing I would tell them to take a hike on. If I want to bypass the emissions pump on my car, tough nooky. Who are they to say I can't do it? There's plenty of cars and trucks on the road made before these requirements. And most drag and race cars don't have them. What are they going to do? Tell drag racers and race car drivers they have to put emissions equipment in their vehicles? Please.... :):

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    This is one thing I would tell them to take a hike on. If I want to bypass the emissions pump on my car, tough nooky. Who are they to say I can't do it? There's plenty of cars and trucks on the road made before these requirements. And most drag and race cars don't have them. What are they going to do? Tell drag racers and race car drivers they have to put emissions equipment in their vehicles? Please.... :):

Exactly, the way that most states operate emissions testing is that your vehicle must meet whatever the law required the year the vehicle was produced. Both of my trucks were never produced with emissions systems as one is a diesel built prior to 03 and the other is 78 and pickups back then were not required to have emissions equipment. And if they think they'll tell me to pay out of my pocket to have them equipped with something they never had then they can go (bad word) themselves :ar15:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    :rockwoot: Apparently the EPA is making the rounds and demanding that states reduce their emissions of CO2. Wyoming has a law that forbids them to take part in schemes like this, so the governor of the state had to tell the EPA to go take a walk. When they make their way to Indiana, the governor will likely cave in and do what they want.

Governor to EPA: Wyo can't regulate greenhouse gas | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I agree he is not Constitutionalist .. He is now a REPUBLICAN Candidate for the office of President ... Let us not forget the Indiana is 1 Billion . that is B Bravo Billion dollars in debt / arrearage for money accepted from the Federal Gov. for unemployment compensation .. call your state rep... that's my source for this factoid ....

He is a good old boy Republican that plays the game and is trying to look like a fiscal Libertarian ... don't forget the health care welfare for the indigent he signed here in Indiana

FSSA - HIP: HIP

yeah he's HIP he rides a Hog too...

HIPradio.jpg

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    If they start emissions testing all over IN there's going to be a LOT of people that say eff u!

Yeah you're right a lot of people will say ^()()*&% .. but that's all they'll do They'll comply ... all laws are enforced by the gun .... and people are not ready to be involved in a deadly force confrontation for their freedom ... yet .

no-subject.jpg

IMMIGRATION_ARIZONA141657--500x380.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This whole Carbon Dioxide thing is so #$%^ ^%#$ silly. It should be an easy fix. Trees. Bushes. Grass. Plants. IF CO2 were really the problem, the trees would be growing taller and bigger, the bushes bushier, and the grass longer.

I think it was first grade science when I learned that animals breathe oxygen and plants breathe carbon dioxide.

They've modelled and proven through biosphere experiments that when you saturate or super saturate the air with CO2, the plants get bigger.

So I think we should reframe the question to the greenies. Why do you want to kill all the trees and plants by cutting off their air supply? But we all know the answer to that question. They are interested in green - greenbacks, that is.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    CO2 cap and trade is just another public/private law that will make lots of cash for the groups that are paying for the law at the expense of everybody else. There really is no good science behind it, only lots of cash being invested to make more cash. The down stream payoff is so huge that the supporters of the legislation are not going to give up.

You pay up front to get a law that makes you a lot of money later.

Top Bottom